FS 98 Eclipse GST

HotCarl

So after thinking about it for a while I've decided to sell my Eclipse. Nothing is wrong with it, starts, runs, drives perfectly well I use it as a daily when its nice out other than that its stored in my car port during winter and rainy days.

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST (fwd) Manual transmission

112,xxx miles

-Black on tan leather

-Power everything including sunroof, EGT, boost and stoichometer gauges in a pillar mount.

-Comes equiped with Tokico 5way illumina shocks and eibach sportline springs. This does lower the ride height of the car but the factory springs will be included.

-Also comes equiped with a Shepard Racing transmission, upgraded with steel shift forks, heavy duty 3rd and 4th, and Kaaz limited slip differential. This was purchased at a cost of 2400 (an extra $400 for the lsd) by the previous owner.

-The car is super clean for a 11 year old car but has the usual small dings and scratches for a car this age, the interior is very clean aswell.

-comes equiped with a new pioneer head unit with ipod connectivity and detachable face.

-Timing belt was done at 100k and no signs of crankwalk were present. (again, done by the previous owner)

The Bad:

The passenger outer door handle is missing (broken by previous owner days before the sale to myself) and for some reason the e-brake light goes on by itself. Obviously the ebrake is not engaged the light just comes on by itself for some reason.

Other than the gauges, transmission and springs/shocks the car has no aftermarket parts. Its absolutly a clean slate for anyone wanting a car to modify. This has been my fun 'weekend car' for a little over a year and i love the thing i think its just time to move on I think I've put less than 3k miles on it since i purchased it. I'll try and post some pics up that Hoblick took for me when he detailed the car a few weeks ago.

Price is $4500 firm

Contact my via PM here or email at rse7en@yahoo.com

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/hoblick/eclipse%20detail/SL371057.jpg

Edited by HotCarl
pics

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/hoblick/eclipse%20detail/SL371060.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/hoblick/eclipse%20detail/SL371063.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/hoblick/eclipse%20detail/SL371065.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/hoblick/eclipse%20detail/SL371074.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/hoblick/eclipse%20detail/SL371075.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/hoblick/eclipse%20detail/SL371064.jpg

I miss my old car! good luck in sellilng it hopfully it goes to a good home and stays as clean as ive kept her. I will put my life on this engine and car , ive never had any issue with the car becides the tranny. I went to John sheperds house and he put together an awsome tranny for me, said this tranny will hold whatever I could throw out of it. The waterpump, and timing belt, plugs (ngkbr's) and wires were all done at 100k the previous owner (another family member) had roby mitsubishi do the oil pump,timing belt and water pump at the 85k I did have all the paper work but was lost in my house fire. I re did the timing belt and water pump, and minor stuff again at 100k the reason was the car sat every winter and I felt it needed to be done , the car has only seen one winter and was not by me was the previous owner had no choice in 1999 to drive it in the winter, other then that one winter its been garages kept and washed and waxed once a month.

The door handle broke a few days before I showed the car, was very cold and was going to clean the car I grabbed the handle and it slipped and shattered, its a common thing with dsm's but the first time its ever happen to me in the past 8 dsm's ive had.

Edited by boosted98gst

I miss my old car! good luck in sellilng it hopfully it goes to a good home and stays as clean as ive kept her. I will put my life on this engine and car , ive never had any issue with the car becides the tranny. I went to John sheperds house and he put together an awsome tranny for me, said this tranny will hold whatever I could throw out of it. The waterpump, and timing belt, plugs (ngkbr's) and wires were all done at 100k the previous owner (another family member) had roby mitsubishi do the oil pump,timing belt and water pump at the 85k I did have all the paper work but was lost in my house fire. I re did the timing belt and water pump, and minor stuff again at 100k the reason was the car sat every winter and I felt it needed to be done , the car has only seen one winter and was not by me was the previous owner had no choice in 1999 to drive it in the winter, other then that one winter its been garages kept and washed and waxed once a month.

The door handle broke a few days before I showed the car, was very cold and was going to clean the car I grabbed the handle and it slipped and shattered, its a common thing with dsm's but the first time its ever happen to me in the past 8 dsm's ive had.

Thanks for the history jason. I do love this car aswell its been nothing but great to me and i cant complain. Im worried I might regret selling it after its gone but I've been wanting a bike for years and it just doesnt make much sense to have 2 cars and a bike.

Paint looks clean, I'm guessing you had Hoblick detail it?

yessir, he also did me the favor of taking the pics for me aswell. Did a great job and I'd highly recommend his services to anyone shopping. The car itself is SUPER clean, Jason did a great job taking care of it prior to myself but there are some small imperfections (rock chips, little scratch's etc...) as you would expect of an 11 year old car.

I have alot of friends who ride over on ohioriders.com. Ive been telling them I want a bike for 3+ years now. I'd like to focus on selling the eclipse before shopping for a bike. MIGHT be open to trades but it really depends on what kind of bike and if there's still cash involved.

• 2 weeks later...

So Ive thought about it a bit more, checked with my bank and the balance on the loan is less than i expected so Im going to drop the price to $4500

Im going to post this up on Columbus DSM and if I have time Autotrader this weekend.

Bump for an awesome price, I didn't want to post initially because I thought $5500 might be a stretch, but now for $4500 that seems like a steal, this thing looks MINT.

Good luck, if I hadn't just bought a bike I'd seriously consider it.

I also really like the body style, and this one seems very clean. The price seems to be great for what you get, and though it's FWD the LSD will make up for a lot of that shortfall. Well done with the car and good luck with the sale!

• 3 weeks later...