New/wider garage door goes in Today/Tomorrow

Buck531

However you are not allowed to double tap a meter can, and you are also not allowed to go very far off the meter without a disconnect (sorry I can't quote the distance, I haven't been doing electric full-time in over 5 years). Buck is right about how sloppy a lot of the shit was done originally, most of the wiring is unprotected as well.

edit: It is looking good Buck, let me know if you still want my help.

I know I need to do it right, but other things have come up that need attention on the garage. The man door, and I'm going to have to cut about 2 feet of concrete out and lay new brick down. Shit. Yesterday I found out the douche nozzle put 2 inches of black top over top of concrete. yeah. awesomeness eh?

Given what i have and you saw it. Would you be able to just separate some of the breakers to different locations? My brother and I already ran the electric around the garge for the work bench and compressor. We just need someone to take apart the breakers in that box and separate them. I know you want me to upgrade the box, but with the other shit going on I don't think I have the money to do it.

Wow blacktop over concrete. Anyway as far as your electric goes, we can just make it work for now if thats all you're after. It doesn't bother me, as long as you know how it should be. I just don't want anything reflecting on me, but I'm not really worried about that. Just let me know.

However you are not allowed to double tap a meter can, and you are also not allowed to go very far off the meter without a disconnect (sorry I can't quote the distance, I haven't been doing electric full-time in over 5 years). Buck is right about how sloppy a lot of the shit was done originally, most of the wiring is unprotected as well.

edit: It is looking good Buck, let me know if you still want my help.

that shits from the 60's you could do anything you wanted back then

• 4 weeks later...

Nope. I wired in 3 lights so far into one plug. I still need to have the breaker box taken apart, but it's live. We cut the power off to the entire house and the garage was still lit. I guess Someone can come over and change it, but I don't want to get them fried. I don't want to have AEP come out they'd prolly charge me up the ass to shut off the electric to the house.

I'm still waiting on Sam to swing by some day and give me an estimate on the concrete work that needs to be done.

My brother scored a huge ass steel door to put in the side where the window is now. That'll happen in a month or so.

You aught to swing by this weekend Ben and check it out. Give me a ring if you go to your parents house or what not.

I have a laid off electrician neighbor. He's a good, honest guy. What electrical do you need done?

Just need to swap the electrical box in the garage. It's live and cannot be shut off. I also need to run a switch to turn on the lights instead of pushing the breaker.

ND2race (scott) was going to come over some day and do it. It's not much of a pressing matter is as the concrete work that needs to be done.