Welcome to my new business venture - Lightspeed Photography!

TTQ B4U

Many here know know how much my photography hobby has been calling to me to start up a formal site and begin offering my services to the world at large.

With that said, I would like to welcome you to my new business venture: Just click the image and say hello to my home page. (To the mods...just completed my PayPal Sponsorship.) Had to get things up and running and now I'm ready to go.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/111995023/original.jpg

LightSpeed is a combination of my love for "painting with light" aka Photography and my love for "Speed" in terms of racing.

I'm a pretty firm believer that vertically focused businesses do well and that sometimes that vertical finds you. I'm sure I'll find out that niche over time, but until then, I'm keeping an open mind. Event photography, photo restoration and image enhancements are my personal favorites areas of work.

It's in its first evolution, so I ask that any constructive criticism be provided back in good taste. I have a thick skin, but want to make sure things are kept professional too. Keep in mind, I'm not web designer but IMO, the initial site is better than most of what I see on a regular basis outside the true Professionals making a full time plus gig of it all.

Many thanks to all who have helped me along the way. Special call out thanks to Alex from Firehead Studios as without your final push and recommendation, I probably wouldn't have gotten off my arse to make this happen.

All suggestions for improvements corrections and additional services etc....are most appreciated.

I will be posting some special service pricing and print price offerings shortly. Those are tentatively to include:

1. Birthday/small Event Pricing I'm thinking of $50hr with 25 images and a general release for those images included.

2. Poster prints at a killer price My thought here is for those here with Repair and performance shops, I can provide large posters and even items such as mugs, shirts, banners, etc...through the various labs that I have used over the years and hold contract with now.

24x36 prints are common and keep in mind I can go pretty much as large as you want. I like large size prints myself. It's especially cool to have a nice print in your garage or work area showing your team and hard work in action.

Keep in mind too, that any services including prints and edits can be done on your images or mine.

Thanks everyone!

** Off to go review how to become a CR Sponsor. Ben, I'll track down that information and be in touch this weekend! **

Edited by TTQ B4U
Completed the PayPal transaction for sponsorship today

your domain switches to http://pdqgp.webs.com/ when clicking links. may want to fix that.

also where's the logo? it is important to launch a brand/service with a solid, consistent brand.

Good catch on the domain link. I believe I've fixed it now.

Logo is in the works. Right now though, I have to get things off the ground even if changes come in short order :o

Edited by TTQ B4U

seeing as it would be close to home for most of us. How much to shoot a car? Can we be creative with it.....like you riding in the back of my ol' pickup (with my buddy driving) while I blow by in the FD so you can get a good shot of the flames out of the back?.....you know....just thinking :p

site looks good, always been a fan of your photos.

switch your email to point to the domain of your site. forward it to your yahoo if you must.

Thanks for the compliment and suggestion. :thumbup: That was a feature I didn't initially purchase, but will likely add this weekend and as you suggested, will forward the messages so it's all transparent to the client.

Thanks for the compliment and suggestion. :thumbup: That was a feature I didn't initially purchase, but will likely add this weekend and as you suggested, will forward the messages so it's all transparent to the client.

Well, I'm not sure its worth paying to do at this point, I'm really surprised at least one email account was not included with your hosting though, who is it through?

Well, I'm not sure its worth paying to do at this point, I'm really surprised at least one email account was not included with your hosting though, who is it through?

webs.com

there very well may be one addy included, but I don't recall reading that. I'll look. I've been busy multitasking on some client work that I was awarded this week and at the same time, editing content for the site. all that in addition to my day job :o

COngrats...good luck man! Need a cover car? lol

Thanks Casey. You jest, but in reality, you have one hell of a nice ride that may just make me take you up on that. We will however, have to add the sound of a fly-by in there as your car sounds as good as it looks :thumbup:

Oh on the client page with the 17 shade calibration scale the last line " viewing angle to clearly see the following 17 desperate and clearly defined sections. "

I'm thinking you mean "seperate" sorry I don't usually bitch about spelling, but you ask for critique.

Oh on the client page with the 17 shade calibration scale the last line " viewing angle to clearly see the following 17 desperate and clearly defined sections. "

I'm thinking you mean "seperate" sorry I don't usually bitch about spelling, but you ask for critique.

Nice Catch! Some things just won't get caught by the spell checker.