2006 jeep grand cherokee won't start

copperhead

I bought a 2006 grand cherokee a little over a week ago. 29,xxx miles on it, hemi limited. I let it sit in the driveway for a day, then today I go out to start it, and the dash just clicks (not the solenoid). Keyless entry works, dash lights all work, so the battery isn't dead. But it doesn't even try to turn the starter. Anything I can look for before calling the dealership to see if its still under warranty?

This happened on my jeep too and funny thing is less than a week after i got it. I went and bought and new battery thinking that was it and couple days later it did the same thing. My dad said he cleaned something next to the battery, like that area walls... and i haven't had any problems since

I recently sold an '05 to a friend of mine, he had similar issues. He never had a problem, but his wife always did. She could get it to start, drive it, shut it off and it wouldn't start back up. Funny thing, when someone would show up to jump it, it would start. The ignition switch in those damn things are sensitive. Sometimes on my '07 I hit the key wrong and it gets confused like a middleschool kid with a naked supermodel. Might have an issue with the switch, my buddies turned out to be a key problem. Good luck and let me know how it turns out.

Good to know about the switch. Thanks guys.

did the battery test bad or did you just replace it?

give the starter a good whack with a hammer while somebody else trys to start it and see what happens

Just replaced it