Remember to share the road

LJ

I just have to post something about this. I know this isn't local, but it hits real close to home for me

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/45660332.html

A Motorcycle and a car crashed into each other on Milestrip Road in Orchard Park Thursday morning. The person on the motorcycle was thrown from the bike. Mercyflight was called to the scene. There were skid marks on the road as long as 100 yards. A portion of 179 East Milestrip is closed because of the accident. The identities of the drivers are still being confirmed. Stay with Eyewitness News at noon for updates.

The rider of the motorcycle is my girlfriend's dad. He is in stable condition at the hospital but has a slight bleed in his brain. The Mustang ran up on the rear of him and rear ended him. Remember to share the road and look out for motorcyclists.

Sorry to hear that man, I hope he comes out alright. He'll be in my thoughts. When ever I see a rider on a multi-lane road I try to give them as much room as I can, whether I'm following, passing, or anything.

The rumor is that the Mustang was going at least 100 MPH. That is what witnesses said.

Oh and let's just say, the car wasn't registered to an individual, but rather, held by a company.

The rumor is that the Mustang was going at least 100 MPH. That is what witnesses said.

Oh and let's just say, the car wasn't registered to an individual, but rather, held by a company.

Are you kidding? Man that is suck BS!!! Somebody needs to be held responsible for that!!

http://media2.wivb.com//photo/2009/05/21/Motorcycle_and_car_colae4023b2-df7c-407d-8273-fc3d7fabac5a0000_20090521121448_640_480.JPG

http://media2.wivb.com//photo/2009/05/21/MOTORCYCLE_2_20090521082030_640_480.JPG

He is supposed to get another CT today to see what the bleed is doing. Worst case they have to do brain surgery. I guess he has been on the phone with work all morning, but he is so drugged up they can only help but sit there and listen to him ramble and kind of laugh.

I did tell my gf that the bright side of all of this is that here in a year or 2 she can probably say bye bye to all her vet school debt, as well as any other debt her family may have.

Guest tbutera2112

what company? that stang had to of been flying to get that kind of damage rear ending a bike on a highway...

hope he recovers 100% and comes out on top of this whole situation

I did tell my gf that the bright side of all of this is that here in a year or 2 she can probably say bye bye to all her vet school debt, as well as any other debt her family may have.

QFT. I actually look forward to the day I get the ass end of my car or van nailed at speed. I'm confident the car will protect me from serious injury and while it may not be a lottery jackpot, it will be paydirt for me.

what company? that stang had to of been flying to get that kind of damage rear ending a bike on a highway...

hope he recovers 100% and comes out on top of this whole situation

Think of a company that doesn't ness. have cars registered to them, and they have a few tags that they move around to different cars so that different people, who may or may not be associated with the company, can drive them.

I don't want to just come out and say it because the investigation isn't done.

Guest tbutera2112
Think of a company that doesn't ness. have cars registered to them, and they have a few tags that they move around to different cars so that different people, who may or may not be associated with the company, can drive them.

I don't want to just come out and say it because the investigation isn't done.

i have no freaking clue lol but now im curious? pm? if not, be sure to update after the investigation is done

i have no freaking clue lol but now im curious? pm? if not, be sure to update after the investigation is done

Dealer tag perhaps.

Either way, if you're rear ended by anyone even if they are driving on business, you can always file against the company and the person. Someone will settle up along the way $$.

dont have to flex your e-brain at me :(

did he have a helmet on?

Yeah, it cracked, which is prob why they life flighted him. NY has a helmet law.

Sucks man, hope everything ends up well for him. Driver needs to take a cinderblock to the face. :nono:

You're tellin me. A witness said that the driver of the car was trying to joke around with people at the scene

Some people are completely retarded when it comes to serious things. That is not a joking matter hope he ends up getting better real soon.

Same sorta thing happened to my dad he was driven off the road and into a ditch by a truck and it made him losing a kidney. But this was in England on a small road. Hes fine now with 1 kidney that is twice as bag as anyone's one kidney.

Hope your gf's dad recovers just like my dad did.