Where to get a garbage disposal?

Buck531

So the one we have now in the house has a hole in the side of it. I threw some plumbers putty to fill the hole, but it still drips (at least it doesn't spray now ;)).

I've checked Lowes and Home Depot, but damn, they want $150 for a 1/2 HP one.

Any other places locally here I can get a new decent disposal?

So the one we have now in the house has a hole in the side of it. I threw some plumbers putty to fill the hole, but it still drips (at least it doesn't spray now ;)).

I've checked Lowes and Home Depot, but damn, they want $150 for a 1/2 HP one.

Any other places locally here I can get a new decent disposal?

I rarely use mine. Do you really need one? I use a trash can.

weeeeeeeird you mention this. i got a piece of metal stuck in mine last night. jammed it up.. had to stick my hand down there. not fun...

I hate doing that. After watching a horror movie where a plumber taped the switch to the off position and this haunted house demon pushed the switch down still freaks me out. I turn off the power to my house if I have to put my hand my disposal. :eek:

I hate doing that. After watching a horror movie where a plumber taped the switch to the off position and this haunted house demon pushed the switch down still freaks me out. I turn off the power to my house if I have to put my hand my disposal. :eek:

why? so the haunted house demon has to walk all the way down to the basement to flip the switch? damn you're mean.

I saw that movie too!!! to this day i won't put my hand in one

I saw that movie too!!! to this day i won't put my hand in one

Ha, I've seen that one too.

I ended up going to Sears and getting a Kenmore 1/3 hP for $70. Cheaper than lowes or Home Depot. The one they had for $80 (at lowes) got some shitty reviews.