my new geeeetar

Slimpsy1647545505

Being a strat owner/player for years. . I decided it's time to take the plunge and join the dark side.

08 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus Top in Desert Burst - 60's neck.

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/98/l_03eb7c45cb454d669486cd35b40bd55b.jpg

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/112/l_fa7c559f44824f7c831f17e25c6b74df.jpg

Edited by Slimpsy

nice guitar, but with my brother and i it was always me-strat- him lespaul. I never liked the weight distribution in the les paul. he years later bought my strat when i switched to acoustic/electric only

nice guitar, but with my brother and i it was always me-strat- him lespaul. I never liked the weight distribution in the les paul. he years later bought my strat when i switched to acoustic/electric only

Exactly. . but now they are have chambered bodies (like this one) making it a real delight to play for hours.

If anyone out there is looking at a good investment .. you can't beat a Les Paul.

Very nice! Looks like fenders are becoming a great investment too! Everything they make went up at least $100. I have a Blues Jr. amp last year it was $479/ this year $599, and a 72 Telecaster Deluxe RI that was I believe about $700 last year/ $1000 this year. Guitars are great investments!

I still regret selling my Gibson. My LP+Marshall 1960A half stack was a beautiful thing. I switched to an Ibanez AM73 semi hollowbody and Fender Blues Jr (basically a jump to the opposite side of the spectrum). I'll definitely be picking up another Les Paul soon.

Been playing this thing all weekend. . can't put it down. In between holding my baby girl, I'm holding this. . LoL. I picked up a Peavey Vypyr Tube 212 with the Sanpera II effects board for playing around the house. . . and it's been a really fun time. If you want a great sounding amp for not a whole lot. . . check one out!