power windows/locks

perduejt

If anyone has any idea on how I can add power windows or locks to my 2008 Focus, I'd be appreciative! I've called the dealer and they said it was impossible, but I find that hard to believe! Thanks in advance.

Guest Removed

there are kits for it...but not totally sure about the windows

but most of the window kits are junk and the motor fail alot. had a chevy truck in here with that shit in it...had to buy a complete kit all over for it cause they didnt sell replacement motors

Not to be an ass,but why didn't you just buy a model with them? They are probably only a couple hundred dollar option, and over a 5 year car loan it's like pennies on the dollar, plus no hassle and under warranty? Just seems smart too on a brand new car?

Guest Removed
Not to be an ass,but why didn't you just buy a model with them? They are probably only a couple hundred dollar option, and over a 5 year car loan it's like pennies on the dollar, plus no hassle and under warranty? Just seems smart too on a brand new car?

maybe he got a deal on a used 08?:confused:

now keep your dumb ass comments to yourself..your heading down that path again!:gtfo:

If you got a deal on it, just deal with the manual windows and locks or sell it for more than you bought it for and buy one with power windows and locks. If you didn't get a deal on it, got it for a normal price, I would still say just deal with it. It's really not that bad.

Every aftermarket kit that i have seen for power windows was junk. I am not saying that there may not be a good kit out there but I would just crank my windows before dealing with the aftermarket junk.

Well they were added to my base model F150 and have been using them for almost 2 years now and allthough they are slower than factory they work flawlessly...

And Ford put them in. Call Dick Masheter (sp?) in Whitehall they are who did mine...

Oh and before anyone says anything. This was the truck I wanted. It has the V8, CC, CD, tow package, and aftermarket pw.

I cant remember how much more the truck would have been with factory pw but that wasnt the only thing you had to buy in order to get the pw. It was added in an option package and it wasnt just a "couple hundred dollars" for it either. It pushed the truck from 18k to almost 20k...

I guess if you bought the pw package I could pull off the door skin and take some pics on how the dealership did it for you if you wanted to do it yourself...

I installed this stuff for about fifteen years and can tell you for sure that it is possible. The focus door locks are a pain in the #$%%. The window kits are pretty straight forward. Auto Options on Indianola ave. are very good at doing these types of installs. I would go there before anywhere else in town for this particular job.

yep, there were only 3 trim levels, and to include the power options, you had to get a "bundled" deal. It would have been 2,200 more than the base model. The other options were things I didn't need nor did I want.

I've called a couple ford dealers and the consensus is that they changed everything in 2008. I was asking in case someone either worked at a dealer or worked at an alarm shop.

Here's hoping.......thanks for the replies so far guys!

i had a 3rd gen camaro z-28 that didn't have power windows, so i bought a shop manual and ETM, factory window switches, window regulators with the power window motors, factory wire harness, fuse & relay, center console cover that was for power windows, door panels, and installed them myself on a weekend, it looked factory installed

get the door harnesses regulators, motors, lock poppers and switches out of wrecked focus at the junk yard after that its just wiring up power and ground. if you find a really clean focus you could go full on and swap the body harness and the body computer but thats a whole lot of extra work it would give you keyless entry and auto roll down feature though