Fastest Street Car In Columbus?

Main3s

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give mark some props on his vette being a streetcar. Couple weeks ago he went 9.50's then drove the car from trails back to IPS because he let tommy use his trailer for his tbss. He got some funny looks leaving the track with the chute on it. I thought it was cool to see the car run mid 9's and then drive it back home.

very impressive.

ugh, dumbass...the Clean Air Act banned the sale of leaded fuel for use in on-road vehicles. "Possession and use of leaded gasoline in a regular on-road vehicle now carries a maximum $10,000 fine in the US"

Orange

Mitchell's Auto, " The Pit Stop "

700 Chapman Ave. (714) 532-5900

100 octane unleaded at the pump @ 7.35 a gallon (4/18/2007)

110 octane leaded at the pump @ 7.05 a gallon (4/18/2007)

http://harmanmotive.com/raceGas.html

this was just the first thing i clicked on and it's 2007 so when did this take effect and what about the leaded additives? are those only allowed in old cars that NEED them.

gayest thread ever. for me, a street car is one that can be driven an hour to the track if the need be, race, and then be driven home. one that is not constantly on jack stands. a car that does not require a tune-up every time it is driven. a car that will not be pulled over every time a cop sees you. anything that runs 8's or 7's is not a 'street car'. yes, it can be driven on the street, but that does not make it a 'street car'. this argument will never end.

Orange

Mitchell's Auto, " The Pit Stop "

700 Chapman Ave. (714) 532-5900

100 octane unleaded at the pump @ 7.35 a gallon (4/18/2007)

110 octane leaded at the pump @ 7.05 a gallon (4/18/2007)

http://harmanmotive.com/raceGas.html

this was just the first thing i clicked on and it's 2007 so when did this take effect and what about the leaded additives? are those only allowed in old cars that NEED them.

Its been in effect since ~1996. You can sell it all you want, but its for off-road use only. Older cars that need leaded fuel (i think that is only cars that came without cats from the factory) are grandfathered in I believe. I'm not sure about the leaded additives, but I assume that once you add it to the fuel, the same applies.

gayest thread ever. for me, a street car is one that can be driven an hour to the track if the need be, race, and then be driven home. one that is not constantly on jack stands. a car that does not require a tune-up every time it is driven. a car that will not be pulled over every time a cop sees you. anything that runs 8's or 7's is not a 'street car'. yes, it can be driven on the street, but that does not make it a 'street car'. this argument will never end.

That right there

Well a friend of mine drives this everyday and I guess thats what brought this up...

http://www.intense-racing.com/pics/G8TT/IG8_Wheels_2_800.jpg

Currently ran a best of 10.7 @ 129 with a 1.7 60ft (not that impressive but it was the 1st time out)

goals are to make 800whp on pump gas

8 second 1/4 mile pass

200mph in the standing mile

all while still being able to drive to work in comfort...

I don't care who you are... if you can do that shit, you have a bad ass car.

and this is a badass looking monster to boot. deleted the wrong pic for this post but still bad ass

Calling it gay then giving your opinion is like diving dick first into a homosexual mosh pit...

I'll give mark some props on his vette being a streetcar. Couple weeks ago he went 9.50's then drove the car from trails back to IPS because he let tommy use his trailer for his tbss. He got some funny looks leaving the track with the chute on it. I thought it was cool to see the car run mid 9's and then drive it back home.

See that's what I'm talking about! A cra that you can reasonably drive, race then drive home in! 9.50's and then home! That's bad ass.

Why can't a 7-8 or even 6 second car be a street car? So you are telling me a buggati or some other exotic car isn't a street car because it has a lot of power and strictly designed to go fast and not much else?

See that's what I'm talking about! A cra that you can reasonably drive, race then drive home in! 9.50's and then home! That's bad ass.

It really is. Mark's car is so solidly built this year (With the tranny upgrade) that it is the most low-maintenance mid 9-second car on the planet :) Drive it wherever / whenever you want. Now, we just need to work out a couple bugs to get those 9.50s turned into 8.80's

Jeff

It really is. Mark's car is so solidly built this year (With the tranny upgrade) that it is the most low-maintenance mid 9-second car on the planet :) Drive it wherever / whenever you want. Now, we just need to work out a couple bugs to get those 9.50s turned into 8.80's

Jeff

you guys are doing well. keep up the awesome job!!!

i fun e85 pump fuel from kroger. only 9lbs now which explains the poor mph. and im getting my ets from my 60ft. id say thats a street car.

if me and mark were to run id kill him out of the hole then at the end he would pass me with his mph. we would cross about the same time.

now if he could 60 ft in the 1.20s he would win hands down with his mph.

i dont wana run more than 9lbs to go 8s if i dont have to. so far ive never reved the motor pas 7000rpm.

I said the same thing to myself when I called everyone retarded then jumped right into the middle of this :o

Whats' your car run now? Aren't you in the low 11's now...10's? I'd consider your TA to fit in the catagory of "THE FASTEST STREEEET CAAAR!!!!"