Saturn sold to Penske

Skinner

I didn't realize Penske is has the exclusive deal to sell Smart cars in the US. I hope they're able to start building Saturns again, the last several years Saturn has turned into the US' Opel. Say what you will, I want Saturn (and Penske) to succeed.

Saturn will continue to get the Aura, Outlook, & Vue from GM. The rest of their cars will come from Renault Samsung in Korea. Hummer deal is on hold now due to being turned down by the Chinese government.

They haven't used an Opel chassis yet, except for the importing of the Astra, which was a complete failure.

Saturn has a great dealer network, great customer satisfaction, and "green cred." I think saving Saturn is a smart move, depending on where they get their future product. All future product was supposed to be coming from Opel, but then those were going to get turned into Buick's. But now Opel is owned by Magna, so possibly they could supply Saturn in the future. It all depends on what agreements were made in the contracts.

:(

Saturn stopped making "Saturns" as soon as they discontinued the S-series.

I guess my point was, everything after the S-series was a GM knock-off, so it wasn't really a Saturn anymore. Ion = Cobalt, Sky = Solstice, etc.

This is exactly what I was going to say. When GM took Saturn from being its own brand to turning it into just another re-badging, that's when it started to fail. Don't get me wrong, I think that the new Saturns are some great cars, but no better/worse than the Malibu/G6/Lacrosse/Acadia/Traverse...etc... I definitely like the Sky, but again, it's just a Solstice in Saturn garb. The ION is a Cobalt, yes, but it still had some areas where it wasn't just as obvious as a Cobalt/Pontiac G5.

But you are right... nothing in today's Saturn brand is Saturn anymore.

They haven't used an Opel chassis yet, except for the importing of the Astra, which was a complete failure.

Saturn has a great dealer network, great customer satisfaction, and "green cred." I think saving Saturn is a smart move, depending on where they get their future product. All future product was supposed to be coming from Opel, but then those were going to get turned into Buick's. But now Opel is owned by Magna, so possibly they could supply Saturn in the future. It all depends on what agreements were made in the contracts.

The Astra = Cobalt but with a hatch. I have been wanting to buy one of those and put a cobalt front end on it since i first seen one.

• Downvote 1

It's funny that people actually think these cars are cool. I guess you'd change your mind after you bought a new one and all the "GM flaws" came to. It's rediculous how much they cheap out on everything and I have to fix the stupid shit. Outlook = $40K garbage, '08+ Vue = $30K garbage, Astra = biggest fail ever. The Aura's aren't too bad. The best Saturn they ever came out with was the S-series and the '05-'07 3.5L Vue.

The Astra = Cobalt but with a hatch. I have been wanting to buy one of those and put a cobalt front end on it since i first seen one.

Wrong. There are many, many differences that make these cars completely unrelated. I doubt you could even share 1 part between cars. They were developed independently on different sides of the world. The Delta platform won't truly be global until the next iteration.

Wrong. There are many, many differences that make these cars completely unrelated. I doubt you could even share 1 part between cars. They were developed independently on different sides of the world. The Delta platform won't truly be global until the next iteration.

The doors look exaclty the same as well as the "A" pillar Both the 2-door and 4-door models look like Coballt doors. The Fenders are very similar also at least where they fit the door and A pillar.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2204/2230695870_3f0a47bb53.jpg?v=0

http://img122.exs.cx/img122/2076/cobalt_ssedan2.jpg

The doors look exaclty the same as well as the "A" pillar Both the 2-door and 4-door models look like Coballt doors. The Fenders are very similar also at least where they fit the door and A pillar.

They are nothing alike and Mallard is right. I'd be very suprised if you even have one part that is the same.

Good for Saturn. Hopefully this means the rebuilding of their brand as more than a laughing afterthought at the hands of fist-fucking GM executives. We desperately need an American-based lower-market competitor with quality products.