push button start on a camaro?

STEVE-O

Anyone add a push button start on there car? I was thinking of doing this but can not find out how hard it would be to do considering they are cheap from jegs but I dont know what else is involved i.e what to wire up?

This could be very cool to add in there while you are at it. I didn't read it all, so I don't know how in depth the 'hack' is.

"Nike+ hacked to create automotive keyless entry device"

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/06/06/nike-hacked-to-create-automotive-keyless-entry-device/

On a newer car you should have to disable the VATS system, unless you want to have your key in the ignition.

ya i dont mind haveing the key in the ignition... and i know saying that people would say what is the point and its jsut because i want to do something a little different and cheap and so i have something to mess with and kill some time..

ya i dont mind haveing the key in the ignition... and i know saying that people would say what is the point and its jsut because i want to do something a little different and cheap and so i have something to mess with and kill some time..

disabling the VATS sytem is as simple as splicing in the correct resistor, it's not too hard and would give you some more cheap shit to do. Of course you'll still have to unlock the column so could take that apart as well, and just convert the car to a couple switches and a button if you wanted.

Guest Removed
turn key on..push button to crank... its as easy as can be..you dont even have to wire anything under the hood,and even better you can hide the button.

turn key on..push button to crank... its as easy as can be..you dont even have to wire anything under the hood,and even better you can hide the button.

thats my thoughts exactly i just have to see what wires need to be hooked up etc... ( what ignitoin wire and see if there is any vats but i dont think there will be because they key is in the ignition already)

I have to ask you why... I have push button start on my Altima and it's no different than putting the key in my Blazer... you still have to carry a key fob around and you gotta put your hand up to where the key is anyways.... honestly, a waste on money to make it so you push instead of turn...

just my $.02

I have to ask you why... I have push button start on my Altima and it's no different than putting the key in my Blazer... you still have to carry a key fob around and you gotta put your hand up to where the key is anyways.... honestly, a waste on money to make it so you push instead of turn...

just my $.02

The keyless system in the new TL is fuckin sweet. 'Key' in your pocket, walk up to the car and it unlocks, keep it in your pocket, get in and start your car.

just my $.02

just because i can and like stated before it is cheap it will teach me something new and keep my time occupied..

also the new systems are sweet where you jsut need the key present then push the button...