Great R8 V10 Review/Pics/Info

Mr. Jones

Anything over $100,000 with less than 500hp makes me scoff, glad they upped the balls.

Raw HP is not everything my friend. Take one of the above mentioned cars.

The Aston Marton DB9. I've give up 50-100hp just for the pleasure of driving around in the thing.

On a refreshing note, the 996 Turbo's have gone affordable sometime recently when I was not watching. Methinks I am torn on next car purchase. Lord only knows what the future holds.

So would you pay $82,000 for an Acura NSX with ~270hp because it handles well?

No. It doesn't handle THAT well either.

R8 is sweet, but a bit pricey for what it is. Hopefully the V10 version doesn't sell for much more here, then it will be what it should have been to begin with.

Raw HP is not everything my friend. Take one of the above mentioned cars.

The Aston Marton DB9. I've give up 50-100hp just for the pleasure of driving around in the thing.

On a refreshing note, the 996 Turbo's have gone affordable sometime recently when I was not watching. Methinks I am torn on next car purchase. Lord only knows what the future holds.

Last I heard you were thinking of RS4. If you can afford to keep the A4 and pick up the 996 Turbo that is the route I would go! However I think you were talking about selling the A4 for the RS4 but pretty sure it was because of it essentially being the same size/function car. The 996 turbo would be a bad ass car for sure but not one I would want to daily.

So would you pay $82,000 for an Acura NSX with ~270hp because it handles well?

Right, because 270hp is the same as over 500. :rolleyes: The R8 is an amazing car, even in V8 form. It is an all around beast and while it is expensive, people looking to drop 115k on one won't care. A similar 9114S is priced over 100k as well.

Last I heard you were thinking of RS4. If you can afford to keep the A4 and pick up the 996 Turbo that is the route I would go! However I think you were talking about selling the A4 for the RS4 but pretty sure it was because of it essentially being the same size/function car. The 996 turbo would be a bad ass car for sure but not one I would want to daily.

Right, because 270hp is the same as over 500. :rolleyes: The R8 is an amazing car, even in V8 form. It is an all around beast and while it is expensive, people looking to drop 115k on one won't care. A similar 9114S is priced over 100k as well.

I decided to keep the A4 as the daily/work car and then get something more "exotic" for the weekend. Maybe a 2 door sports car (996) or something like a V10 S8 or A8L W12.

I decided to keep the A4 as the daily/work car and then get something more "exotic" for the weekend. Maybe a 2 door sports car (996) or something like a V10 S8 or A8L W12.

Cool. Considering you already have an S8, I would look at either the C6 S6 or the 996 turbo. The C6 C06's are down around the low 40s too. However it would pull you away for the glorious VAG cars.

Cool. Considering you already have an S8, I would look at either the C6 S6 or the 996 turbo. The C6 C06's are down around the low 40s too. However it would pull you away for the glorious VAG cars.

As you have probably gathered, I am not a chevrolet guy. ;) Nobody can deny what the latest Corvettes are capable of, they are just not my style.

Looking at the ZR-1 For example, it will pull on any of the Ferrari/Lambo's somewhat near it's price range. However, I'd gladly drop more coin for a slower Lambo or Ferrari any day. :cool:

The crazy part is how the 996 Turbo's are hovering in the 35-50k range for some decent examples. These cars are highly competive even today (0-60 3.9s or less) and are a APR/GIAC flash away from tons of fun. For me, I think the coolness per $ spent is amazing here.

As you have probably gathered, I am not a chevrolet guy. ;) Nobody can deny what the latest Corvettes are capable of, they are just not my style.

Looking at the ZR-1 For example, it will pull on any of the Ferrari/Lambo's somewhat near it's price range. However, I'd gladly drop more coin for a slower Lambo or Ferrari any day. :cool:

The crazy part is how the 996 Turbo's are hovering in the 35-50k range for some decent examples. These cars are highly competive even today (0-60 3.9s or less) and are a APR/GIAC flash away from tons of fun. For me, I think the coolness per $ spent is amazing here.

I know. We seem to actually like and value the same things when it comes to cars (for the most part). The Z06 is the cheapest way to get a remarkable car, but just as you stated, I would gladly give up some speed to get a more unique car.

The 996 has slowly been dropping like a rock. It was the first real victim of the post 993 porsche hatred. It was never widely accepted by porsche nuts as with most of the cars if not all after the 993. The 996 is an incredible car though. You know all about them, just don't get an automatic. please, or I will be forced to only ask for 5 rides in it instead of dozens.

The X50 with a chip would be an amazing value without a doubt.

I know. We seem to actually like and value the same things when it comes to cars (for the most part). The Z06 is the cheapest way to get a remarkable car, but just as you stated, I would gladly give up some speed to get a more unique car.

The 996 has slowly been dropping like a rock. It was the first real victim of the post 993 porsche hatred. It was never widely accepted by porsche nuts as with most of the cars if not all after the 993. The 996 is an incredible car though. You know all about them, just don't get an automatic. please, or I will be forced to only ask for 5 rides in it instead of dozens.

The X50 with a chip would be an amazing value without a doubt.

Anyone, I repeat ANYONE who gets an automatic Porsche needs their sack torn open via 6 point harness. :eek: