Life Changing Experience

BlackC50

So...when your not working a lot you have plenty of time to sit and think about things that have happened in the past, especially this year. I was just wondering for some of you guys in all seriousness what has been the most life changing experience for you. I would have to say I have had a few this year and none of them unfortunately were good. With witnessing a fatal car accident, witnessing a motorcycle accident (non-fatal), and then also losing someone on this board that I know many were close, close friends with definitely opens your eyes and makes you take a step back to reevaluate your life and where it is heading. I think those three things among not having a thriving business this year like years past has definitely made me change a few things in my everyday life. How bout you guys?!?!

Lost my Parents 6 months apart, and the first one a year after I almost died in a accident... hospitalized in ICU for 5 weeks... oh I was 16 in the wreck and 17 with both passed away... I went down a wrong road.. saw what it did to some of my friends and turned myself around. But life sucks... this is just the biggest eye opener my entire life from 10months old has been fucked!

my most recent life changing experience was my motorcycle accident...if i didnt have a helmet on i would've been dead, or severely fucked up with no face left. after that i will NEVER ride anywhere without a helmet on, even if i dont plan on going over 40 and not going far.

This year has been a major life changing year for me. I don't even know where to begin. The short version... Divorced my husband, moved in with my b/f, gave up one of my major car hobby's, aquired a bunch of new responsibilities, had my first car accident..... the list goes on. Its been a really long sometimes very crappy year. But in all honesty the last 4 years prior where even worse as I lost most everyone in my dad's family. I had a very close family growing up, its been pretty tough at times.

I think life hands up new challenges and mountains to cross all the time. I've had everything from losing my mom to a drunk driver, multiple miscarriages, cancer, and losing the man of my dreams. I think trying to stay positive and work through the roughest of situations helps. But sometimes life just sucks period.

Illness can be the roughest and most biggest reality check in my opinion besides deaths. To know that you can wake up everyday and be fine and then one day be given the news that those days are limited. Makes you really rethink things.

:-)