Wanting to buy first bike. Need Help

Rhett

Ok I am wanting to get a bike, I have sent in a credit app to Hinds Motorsports... If I can get financing I may go get one... I am going to pick up my temps later today I think so I can maybe find someone who has an old bike I can borrow or learn to ride on.

But what should I know...

I know their is a Credit card option for most manufactures ( I will have the bike paid of by next summer after the deployment) but is it easier to get financing on and what would the mothly payment be on like a $7000 loan?

Is a 600 "too much" to learn on.. I can respect speed and I wont be a jack ass... well try not too :)

anything else I should know... is Ask better than Hinds??

Thanks guys let me know any thing/info/advice you have that could help.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my first bike was an fzr600. Good starter bikes, i wouldnt mind finding a clean 250 or 400 to ride again.

Just take it slow till you feel comfortable, dress for the crash not the ride.

Personally i would rather ride supermotos or v-twin sport bikes than any other bike, but thats just personaly preference (tl1000r, busa, zx14, choppers,pretty much every kind of harley, 600's, 1000's, jap cruisers--rode all these but supermoto is too much fun on the rode not to ride one)

also my buddy's first bike was an 07? R6-so if not if a 600 is too much, its if you dont push yourself beyond your experience

DRZ400 for sales plus if you low side a SM your only item to repair is a bar end.

I thought about doing the like a GSXR 750... Just for a little more speed later on down the road... I really doubt I will want it to race hard core so anything over a 750 I think would be pointless... just something to play around on when I am ready is enough for me...

Is buying new a good Idea? Why, why not? Which one would have better resale say in a year or 2?

You son of a bitch, I was about to start this thread after our convo sat nite. I talked to dover and paul for hrs last nite debting on the bike situation. I think I'm going for a used 600 and want the streched and lowered look. Preety much dovers bike without the airshifter.

Anything new depreciates off the lot. I say buy low sell high. But thats me. I wouldnt want a new bike, not when used bikes are a fraction of the cost but thats just me. Most guys who get bikes want to sell them after their first year when they realize riding isnt what they thought it would be.

Is buying new a good Idea? Why, why not? Which one would have better resale say in a year or 2?

I would never buy new. Buy something that someone has already taken the hit on it so if you sell it your not totatlly fuck.

cars and bikes are depreciating assets so you'll never make money unless you get a hellva deal

You son of a bitch, I was about to start this thread after our convo sat nite. I talked to dover and paul for hrs last nite debting on the bike situation. I think I'm going for a used 600 and want the streched and lowered look. Preety much dovers bike without the airshifter.

Thats what I am thinking (600) not streched... just lowered since I am short as fuck lol

Thats what I am thinking (600) not streched... just lowered since I am short as fuck lol

I love the stretched look so much. Dovers, and shawns bike are sweet as hell to me. I know I'm not cornering that much or dragging knee so it'll work for me

i plan on upgrading very shortly. i started on the bike i have now, i highly recommend attending the MSF course. BEST way to learn. Or come over and you can ride mine.

Does anyone on here have a contact at Hinds or Ask or anywhere...

Mike,

I may hit you up on that offer. The base is about to offer the course here in the next month or so... where did you get yours?

i plan on upgrading very shortly. i started on the bike i have now, i highly recommend attending the MSF course. BEST way to learn. Or come over and you can ride mine.

I want to take the course just so I'm better educated but I may take u up on that offer today to get the feel

I know what you mean. I'm also vertically challenged. Both my bikes i have to tippy toe at lights.

So you know what we mean then lol, I'm only 5'8 I sat on a bike 2 yrs ago in ask and dam near ruined the entire bike shop lol. I need it lowered

my first bike was a busa turbo with nitrous.

maybe you guys are just a bunch of pussies.

j.k. good luck. my first bike was a 600. but you will want a bigger one sooner than later.