30 day sentence...seriuosly?

TimTaylor751647545500

MIAMI (AP)—Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte’ Stallworth(notes) began serving a 30-day jail sentence Tuesday for killing a pedestrian while driving drunk in Florida, a punishment made possible by his cooperation with investigators and the fervent wish by the victim’s family to put the matter behind them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/TimTaylor75/misc/picard_2.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?prov=ap&slug=ap-stallworth-pedestriankilled&type=lgns

(and I do realize that it's spelled "seriously")

Well it sounds like the victims family is requesting the smaller sentence. I wouldn't mind getting his by a car if I knew my son would have 5 million in his bank account. It's justice in one form or another. I think most families would take 30 days in jail and 5 million than just 15 years in prision.

I guess it looks like a very leinent punishment, but 30 days in jail, 2 years house arrest (work privelages), 8 years probation, 1,000 hours community service, lifetime driving suspension, 5 million to the family, and a lifetime with that burden on your shoulders doesn't look that bad either.

I think we're all forgeting the prosecution will only push it as far as the victims family wants to. Last time I dealt with a prosecutor she simply said I can slap him on the wrist or bend him over and fuck him with the long dick of the law (im paraphasing, kinda). Of course I chose the latter but it just goes to show that the victim and the vic's family has a strong say in how the punishment is taken out.

I think my family would take the 5 mil instead of having the guy sentenced to life. I mean when the guy gets life you don't get shit, but if he goes for 30 days and you get 5 mil, fuck you just got 5 mil in the bank, your all set.

Granted it seams like he gets off easy but the fact he will have to live with that burden of killing some one will haunt him for life. I couldnt live with that guilt maybe its because I have somewhat of a heart but any good human would feel the same.