Tag light

conn-e-rot

this one is from http://http://www.targa-acc.com/cgi-bin/products.cgi?name=upc_code&value=07-4080W&format=3 and they are telling me one light is sufficient just not sure about that. Seeing how I've got trip planned to Myrtle Beach and Deals Gap don't want to attract any attention from johnny law for a tag light.

I understand in Tenn. the Police are sticklers about plate location and lighting. IDK myself never been there. But another friend of mine had a Competition Werkes fender eliminator on his SV1k and he had me move the plate for him before he went. Just in case.

I would use 2 of the bolt lights if it were me. One doesn't really light the full plate up. At least the led ones I installed. I think they came in a pack of 2 anyways.

state law says it has to be visible from 50 feet.

ORC 4513.05

... a tail light or a separate light shall be so constructed and placed as to illuminate with a white light the rear registration plate, when such registration plate is required, and render it legible from a distance of fifty feet to the rear.

state law says it has to be visible from 50 feet.

ORC 4513.05

... a tail light or a separate light shall be so constructed and placed as to illuminate with a white light the rear registration plate, when such registration plate is required, and render it legible from a distance of fifty feet to the rear.

so if I get pulled over by a blind ass cop I'm screwed no matter what.

Conn-e-rott,

That thing is huge. I have the smallest LED little white light above mine that is perfect. You can't even see it unless your head is under the tail. I'm at work right now, but I will look it up for you later tonight if I can find it. I just bought 2 little L-brackets for my plate and put that little led through the little circular hole in front of it. I did have to do some splicing though inside the tail.

Conn-e-rott,

That thing is huge. I have the smallest LED little white light above mine that is perfect. You can't even see it unless your head is under the tail. I'm at work right now, but I will look it up for you later tonight if I can find it. I just bought 2 little L-brackets for my plate and put that little led through the little circular hole in front of it. I did have to do some splicing though inside the tail.

I got my plate on 2 L brackets just trying to figure out a light. What did you use to plug the extra holes?

I got my plate on 2 L brackets just trying to figure out a light. What did you use to plug the extra holes?

To prevent anything coming inside my tail via the open hole left I just put some eletrical tape over it on the INSIDE of my tail. If you shove your head under my bikes tail BEHIND the license plate you can look at the hole and see nothing but darkness because of the tape inside. I haven't noticed those holes since I did it though. I think my plate is in front of them.

Damn, good find Lost1888! I like those.

They are basically the same thing you can get a The Zone. in the rice burner section. The just cost more from Summit.

For the wires you should be able to get a small grommet to clean up the hole you will need to drill for the wires. They should have something at The Zone for this also. Just get the right OD/ID. Shrink wrap the 4 wires together and run the wires directly behind the plate. It should be pretty clean.

This is what I mean by grommet. But you will want a smaller OD/ID.grommet.jpg

Here's one exactly like I used, but mine was silver. I can't remember where I bought mine from. Somebody on a ZX14 forum showed me the link where I purchased mine.

But here is one in black. VERY SMALL, but damn bright at night. You can see white light on my plate easily in the dark.

http://www.1tail.com/sa/p/Rumble_Import_-_Ultra_streamline_LED_license_plate_light.htm

49867.JPG