Wow, say goodbye to Formula One!

Sco0terzsl

yes because nascar will be able to hold together well when Gm and Chrysler pull out of the series, which is definite possibility.

Thats because you can build a nascar car with whats in the bottom of the random nuts and bolts jar that in everyones garage.

nascar would be alot better if the cars were left bone stock except for safety equipment. this would make the manufacturers build better cars as well.

what wins on sunday sells on monday but not one single part transfers over whats the point.

i think europe has alot better grasp on proper motorsports

hillcliming - america 5ft extended swingarms and it's how fast you make it up the hill

europe - no extended swingarms and it's how far you make it up the hill

racing - europe all different classes and types 60's camaros vs mini coopers = epic racing

rally - thats some of the best racing around no one over here will even air it speed channel would rather show 18 hours of nascar interviews.

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/4/16/633754835442540335-rally.jpg

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/4/16/633754835442540335-rally.jpg

Pic saved.

My thoughts on Nascar have been posted before. Suffice it to say, it's the professional wrestling of motorsports, and I feel bad for the engineers.

As for the FOTA breakaway. I'm sad to see it happen. But I'm very curious what the series would look like. Without the FIA, we could see some really radical changes in the car's designs. But it's equally possible that they'll be just as hidebound and we'll see just more of the same.

Although the car this year look a little weird with their huge front wings and small rear, I do like the shakeup that's occurred. Ferrari and McLaren have been the "of course" teams for so long, it's good to see the others get a foothold above them. I've been very interested this year in watching how Ferrar and McLaren have been dealing with the new regs, as well as watching Red Bull become a serious contender with Brawn without a lot of the extra gimmicks. I've really enjoyed ths year, and I wanted to see what the 2010 season would be like.

I like KERS as well, in theory. As it stands now, it's not a big advantage (which is by design), but I think the plans were to erxpand it's capabilities until it became a huge part of F1. I think if they bumped it to 100+hp but keep it at 6sec/lap you'd see a lot more "fencing" as the drivers use it to both attack and defend, but won't have enough to battle it out the whole lap.

Well, 2010 will be interesting. I just hope that SPEED covers both, but that probably won't happen. I wouldn't be surprised if the FIA has a contract with SPEED that would keep them from showing the breakaway series.

I'd be more interested in the National Association of Stock CAr Racing if they actually raced STOCK cars. But it's been pointed out that it's not practical to do that since the manufacturers LONG AGO gave up on stock car racing when they decided that it's cheaper to whine about the competition and have NASCAR penalize them than to build a better car.

It's also telling that the tracks are designed so that a car that loses control in the entry of a corner is sent BACK down through the pack rather than brought to a stop off the racing surface. But crashes sell tickets, so safety be damned. But "Rubbin's Racin'" right? If you can't pass 'em, crash 'em. That'd be hard to do without a wall to send your opponent into.