Dragway 42 times and breakage! pics etc

Guest Removed

Guest Removed

lets hear it boys!

how fast did you go, and if you broke, what did you break?

post your pics, and video here too

Edited by Removed

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12.9@113 I picked up 4 mph here fron my personal best woooo

But put down 30+ passes everything was great. Butttt as I was leaving. Literally on the road to get out of dragway 42 the cfar just died blah. Wouldn't start. Car cranks but scott says not getting spark. Sooo anthony him an I just left columbus to go back to drag42 to go pick the car up on a trailor. Ahhh go figure this happened after I made fun of the fbodys cause I went 4 an 0 beating the fbodys

I beat reed on spray pssssshhhh twice.

I beat wagner easssyyy

I beat gary easssyyyy

An oh this is the good one. So scott accepts racing me on street tires. So we line up at the track an bamm I get a .19 light he gets a .45 light(he's old his reaction times are slowwweeerrr) an I walked him straight down the track woooooooo I beat scott from a dig . This was a real race an both parties were in it to win it

Oh an scott on the drag radials ran wayyy faster. But the race was for street tires. Woooo

12.9@113 I picked up 4 mph here fron my personal best woooo

But put down 30+ passes everything was great. Butttt as I was leaving. Literally on the road to get out of dragway 42 the cfar just died blah. Wouldn't start. Car cranks but scott says not getting spark. Sooo anthony him an I just left columbus to go back to drag42 to go pick the car up on a trailor. Ahhh go figure this happened after I made fun of the fbodys cause I went 4 an 0 beating the fbodys

I beat reed on spray pssssshhhh twice.

I beat wagner easssyyy

I beat gary easssyyyy

An oh this is the good one. So scott accepts racing me on street tires. So we line up at the track an bamm I get a .19 light he gets a .45 light(he's old his reaction times are slowwweeerrr) an I walked him straight down the track woooooooo I beat scott from a dig . This was a real race an both parties were in it to win it

Oh an scott on the drag radials ran wayyy faster. But the race was for street tires. Woooo

Try 4-1. I spanked your ass

my best was a 13.0 on bottle 1.9 60ft @ 108mph. the rest where real crappy because I was having bad clutch and traction issues. paul you got lucky because I spun so bad off the line. the neon will be owned soon!

best of the day was a 11.12 at 131.94 mph. that was my last run of the day.my times were all over the place,this was my first outing of the year and it showed!lol i need more practice.i figured out i needed to add more air to my slicks,they were bogging me down most of the day,my 60's were horrible.thought it was my clutch,but i just needed more air,lol.my last run car felt great,also had a 60' time closer to what im used to cutting-1.62.ive got some high tens in it the way it sits,just need more practice!

2.73 rear end? Wow I'd lower that along with tires and you'll be real happy. I'd say thats a great time with those gears though.

PICS http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68313

Thanks for taking all those pics! Those are the first of my car running at the track and I was to beat from taking pics at Norwalk.

Yea the gears and tires will make a big difference but I have some other plans to help with those short times...

I keep from breaking my truck like the last track day I went too. Didn't run any bests, but did OK. Best of the day was 11.82@119 with a 1.85 60ft. Still working on that with the turbo. Had a fun day and it was nice to meet more people.

Rich

I keep from breaking my truck like the last track day I went too. Didn't run any bests, but did OK. Best of the day was 11.82@119 with a 1.85 60ft. Still working on that with the turbo. Had a fun day and it was nice to meet more people.

Rich

Your truck is sick! When we ran all a saw was this white flash go buy at a high rate of speed...

best of the day was a 11.12 at 131.94 mph. that was my last run of the day.my times were all over the place,this was my first outing of the year and it showed!lol i need more practice.i figured out i needed to add more air to my slicks,they were bogging me down most of the day,my 60's were horrible.thought it was my clutch,but i just needed more air,lol.my last run car felt great,also had a 60' time closer to what im used to cutting-1.62.ive got some high tens in it the way it sits,just need more practice!

Man, you definitly have 10's in her.

Guest Removed
11.83 @ 115mph... my car was faster last year:mad:

what went wrong? or what did you change that it didnt like?

but then 42 isnt one of the faster tracks

Your truck is sick! When we ran all a saw was this white flash go buy at a high rate of speed...

Thanks, I'm still trying to get a handle on the turbo set-up. Its a totally different animal compared to the blower set-up I ran in the past. I only have 3 track outings behind the wheel so far. I have video of some of the runs. I'll see about getting them up.

Rich

Did anybody else see the custom intake on Russ's Goat? :eek: His car is pure sex!

It was nice to put some faces with names as well.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/GTO1/IMG_0696.jpg

My best run today was 11.94, The intake has put the car into the 11s regardless of DA. Last year at todays IAT temperatures I would have been a good 2 tenths slower. This intake drops the IAT temp like a rock during a run. Can't wait until fall. Also dropped the MAF and am running a speed density tune now. Thats the only changes since last year. Gained 14.4 rwhp from the intake too.:nod: