Any lighting guru's here?

Science Abuse

Indoor/outdoor, doesn't matter. I've got to illuminate some things from a 10ft high tower.

Lowest power draw possible

Small (preferably less than 3" dia)

Cheap

Good lighting at 15ft.

It's for a trade-show booth, and those places charge out the ass for outlets and power, and moreso if you have to rent their lighting. Will be replacing some halogens.

SMD LED are supposed to suck less juice, but are they equal in poer?

Edited by Science Abuse

Sounds to me that you are going to need to look at custom low voltage lighting. I really dont know of any light that would give you what you want thats not low voltage and will stay under 3" but Im sure something like that exists.

heres something to look at...

http://www.seagulllighting.com/Ambiance-Lighting-9424-12.html

Is this supposed to highlight something like a spot light? From 10' up with little power sounds next to impossible, best thing to use without going overboard would be some kind of halogen. Maybe I don't have this pictured very well, are we talking about an indoor display, how good is the lighting at said location? If you're dealing with an already decent lit room you'll have to overpower the existing light to even make it worthwhile.

Is this supposed to highlight something like a spot light? From 10' up with little power sounds next to impossible, best thing to use without going overboard would be some kind of halogen. Maybe I don't have this pictured very well, are we talking about an indoor display, how good is the lighting at said location? If you're dealing with an already decent lit room you'll have to overpower the existing light to even make it worthwhile.

It's a trade show in a conference center. Anyones guess on ambient light, probably not much from the ceiling, as they love to charge for that stuff.

Imagine a 20ft countertop with a 15" tower in the middle. The countertop needs to be lit from the top of the tower. Halogens will do the job, I'm just hoping to find something a bit less thirsty for the job.

These folks might have some options for you. D.I.Y. as well as pre-made.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/led_prods.htm

We're using some of the WFLS (Waterproof Flexible Light Strip) and spots on our Lemon. The WFLS was still running, although not very bright, after 72hrs on a 9 volt battery.

• Upvote 1

These folks might have some options for you. D.I.Y. as well as pre-made.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/led_prods.htm

We're using some of the WFLS (Waterproof Flexible Light Strip) and spots on our Lemon. The WFLS was still running, although not very bright, after 72hrs on a 9 volt battery.

Oh neat! Any pictures? I'd love to see the brightness.

With some of that stuff, we can actualy make our stuff emitt light rather than require it.

Edit: Awesome site, everyone should visit.

Edited by Science Abuse

Sorry, no pics. Tried but they just don't turn out well despite mucking about with the camera settings.

It is an interesting website. After seeing the output in person and checking the spec's on what's available my mind just starts thinking of all the poorly lit places a simple 9volt, On\Off switch and a few LED's could make so much better.

EDIT: If you want you can come by our "shop" and see the Lemon LED bits. And perhaps have a beer and bullshit.