210+ Mph...

Trouble Maker

they must take better care of the roads there

if you went that fast in ohio a pothole would wipe out your shit in about 2 seconds

It's CA, they don't have the same issues that we have that cause our potholes. And there are places around here that you could do 200+mph if you were really so inclined and had a car that could. Most of our highways aren't that bad actually. Only place on the highways I've noticed being very bad is around downtown in the winter. Not a whole lot you can do about that, snow/ice storms+salt+thawing+freezing+lots of traffic=pot holes.

Me thinks someone with that much money would simply rent a track :confused: Money sure didn't make the boy less ignorant. They should make the fine proportionate to his income and compounded by the speed he broke the limit by.

Me thinks someone with that much money would simply rent a track :confused: Money sure didn't make the boy less ignorant. They should make the fine proportionate to his income and compounded by the speed he broke the limit by.

In many past threads you have given reasons and explanations why certain laws exist and that regardless of your opinion of them, they are still the law. Funny how you don't feel the same way here.

In many past threads you have given reasons and explanations why certain laws exist and that regardless of your opinion of them, they are still the law. Funny how you don't feel the same way here.

In my past threads I'm also more in favor of other drivers on the road rather than the ignorant and stupid that race on the streets endangering so many, thus my opinion is in favor of that still. We give way too many breaks to the wrong doers in the world. Especially when it comes to shit like this or DUI's, etc.

In my past threads I'm also more in favor of other drivers on the road rather than the ignorant and stupid that race on the streets endangering so many, thus my opinion is in favor of that still. We give way too many breaks to the wrong doers in the world. Especially when it comes to shit like this or DUI's, etc.

Agreed, wasn't thinking about that part of your argument. However I am strongly against the income based penalties.

It's CA, they don't have the same issues that we have that cause our potholes. And there are places around here that you could do 200+mph if you were really so inclined and had a car that could. Most of our highways aren't that bad actually. Only place on the highways I've noticed being very bad is around downtown in the winter. Not a whole lot you can do about that, snow/ice storms+salt+thawing+freezing+lots of traffic=pot holes.

I am in CA all the time, their roads are much worse than ours are. Constant heat and constant traffic don't exactly make a smooth surface.

I am strongly against the income based penalties.

Not me. I think the baseline fees they have in place now are fine for a large percentage of people, but in efforts to not only install an equal impact on the ultra rich, and as a means to bring more income into the state, there should be a tiered system. People like this want to be noticed and held to a different standard, so let's reinforce their wishes by making them more responsible for their actions.

Between all the athletes and movie stars, it's clear the ultra rich aren't necessarily any more responsible or intelligent, so Cali stands a good chance of getting out of the financial situation they are in. They already base licensing on the value of the car, so why not the crimes associated with it.

Not me. I think the baseline fees they have in place now are fine for a large percentage of people, but in efforts to not only install an equal impact on the ultra rich, and as a means to bring more income into the state, there should be a tiered system. People like this want to be noticed and held to a different standard, so let's reinforce their wishes by making them more responsible for their actions.

Between all the athletes and movie stars, it's clear the ultra rich aren't necessarily any more responsible or intelligent, so Cali stands a good chance of getting out of the financial situation they are in. They already base licensing on the value of the car, so why not the crimes associated with it.

no people like this want to go fast. How could you ever justify basing tickets off your income...insane. You bought a turbo car for the same reason he did...more power.

It looks as if you called my Wife an idiot.

:mad:

KillJoy

Well, say to crush someone's corvette whatever, fine. Say to crush a Bugatti Veyron, on a car board, and that's what I will think of you. Those car's are pieces of art.

And don't get all high and mighty that I called whoever happened to be on the other end posting as you an idiot and it happened to be your wife. And especially don't get all high and mighty when I had no idea that it was your wife on the other end. If you expect me to be respectful of a post simply because your wife made it, then maybe the post should say so.

Id get it thrown out. Id argue that there is no defined speed written on the ticket, its simply a ball park. And even if a "visual speed" is acceptable to the court, when was the last time they estimated a car at over 200mph? And to put "+"... they don't have any idea how fast he was going. its inconclusive evidence.

Well, say to crush someone's corvette whatever, fine. Say to crush a Bugatti Veyron, on a car board, and that's what I will think of you. Those car's are pieces of art.

And don't get all high and mighty that I called whoever happened to be on the other end posting as you an idiot and it happened to be your wife. And especially don't get all high and mighty when I had no idea that it was your wife on the other end. If you expect me to be respectful of a post simply because your wife made it, then maybe the post should say so.

I am the one that wrote it. :rolleyes: And if he has the $$$ to buy one, have complete disregard for himself, the car and anyone else who was on the road, then yes, the car should be crushed. It is probably the only thing that would phase him.

:eek:

KillJoy

I am the one that wrote it. :rolleyes: And if he has the $$$ to buy one, have complete disregard for himself, the car and anyone else who was on the road, then yes, the car should be crushed. It is probably the only thing that would phase him.

:eek:

KillJoy

I figured you posted it, I was trying to make a point.

Let's look at this from a logical point instead of an emotional point (we should crush it to punish him, we shouldn't crush it because of what it is). Like pdqgp pointed it, California is in pretty bad shape finincially right now. How logical is it for the goverment to say 'We are going to take X thing from you because you did Y thing wrong and crush it to make you feel bad... even though that thing would fetch 1-1.5 million dollars at an auction' That's not very smart to crush it over some feelings right? California is talking about (or already has?) give teachers IOU's and we are going to crush a 1 million+ dollar car.

There aren't very many people that would not feel the financial aspect of someone taking their 1.5 million dollar car. If it doesn't matter financially to him, we can't say for sure that he would have an emotional attachment to the car.

So take the guys car and sell it, as a 'tax'. This is the rolling scale. You do this laundry list of things in your car that greatly endanger others lives and show no respect to the safety of others on the road and we take them and we don't crush them, but we sell them. During some time period you get a work privilege only licenses, they have to drive a gremlin and aren't allowed to rebuy the car that was taken from them (whether that exact car from auction or another like it). Then maybe something else, I'm not sure. I haven't put a ton of thought into this except for that.

Id get it thrown out. Id argue that there is no defined speed written on the ticket, its simply a ball park. And even if a "visual speed" is acceptable to the court, when was the last time they estimated a car at over 200mph? And to put "+"... they don't have any idea how fast he was going. its inconclusive evidence.

That's idiotic. I'm sure the top tier for punishment is well below 210+mph, so it would be very easy to say that beyond a shadow of a doubt that the car was traveling well over the top punishment tier. There's the possibility that he was clocked and the instrumentation doesn't read higher than that.

That's idiotic. I'm sure the top tier for punishment is well below 210+mph, so it would be very easy to say that beyond a shadow of a doubt that the car was traveling well over the top punishment tier. There's the possibility that he was clocked and the instrumentation doesn't read higher than that.

I've received a ticket in Cali from a cop who "estimated" my speed with his eyes. There's no law saying that they have to be able to show you the speed on the radar etc. If they "think" you're going a certain speed, they can ticket you, and it'll hold up in court.

no people like this want to go fast. How could you ever justify basing tickets off your income...insane. You bought a turbo car for the same reason he did...more power.

We all enjoying going fast, but there's a limit to how fast is safe on public roads. I don't think it's insane to punish those going above specified speed based on income. Keep the standard tiers for reckless op at 20mph over and let a judge put discretionary the higher charges. IMO anything over 150mph should rank into income based options as an up to amount to apply as the penalty.

I bought my turbo car to go quickly and enjoy the spirit of driving but not to go fast on public roads. I'm beyond that now in my stage of life. I've actually slowed down overall in terms of my daily driving. The 16-25yr olds that rev me perhaps have limited experiences and consider a roll-race with me on 315 a thrill. To me.....meh....been there done that in my dumb years. I've done Bondurant, Mid-Ohio, Nelson's, etc.....enough times and would much rather do that than risk my income, life and others.

I mean really, a 6pt Reckless Op charge I faced several years ago kinda woke me up to the situation. I fought it and plead it down to 2pts and a cheap fine, but overall, I learned that it's just not worth it anymore.