Just had an interview with sons First school

SLOWLX

I went to columbus public schools the majority of my life having grown up on thurman ave. until the middle of high school when we moved to pickerington. I am in no way religeous nor care to be but if it meant my kids going to columbus public, I would place them in a religeous school setting very quickly. They are in Reynoldsburg school district now and so far we are very pleased with the school sytem. Who knows as they get older how it will be, but my wife stays very active within their schools.

its much better choice if the alternative is columbus public schools

I did catholic school for awhile if you treat the religon part like any other subject its more like an extra history lesson than anything.

I'm not religous but many people are under eduacated when it comes to religon and it can in some cases help to understand the current state of world affairs

My alternative was CPD. Catholic/Christian school from Pre K to 12th grade.

I got educated good.

Plus, we did study other religions. It does provide a good understanding of things.

He will be attteding k-4 he just turned 4 we got him in Northside Christian School hes so happy he will be going to school teachers were so nice

it's a pretty cool feeling having them go to school at that age. My son is starting 1st grade this year and loves school. That will change but I'm enjoying it while it lasts. He went to catholic pre-school and then we moved him to fairfield union schools for kindergarten. I'll admit it was pretty weird watching him get on that bus by himself that first day. My daughter is starting a 3 year old pre-school deal this year that they're starting.

Thanks guys for the input im not big church guy but do attend as much as i can all i know is my son loves it songs,activities,and learning plus we live in columbus And i went to columbus public schools and its just not my cup of tea for him

You dont have to be religious to send your child to a christian school. I got into some trouble the summer between 6th and 7th grade (right before jr high) the outcome of my stupidity was my mom taking me out of Worthington schools and into Tree Of Life christian schools. Yes it is a christian school but you would be surprised the number of students who's parents just want a better school environment than what public schools gave them and dont make the choice based of faith what so ever.

my kids are about ready to start their "time in the wild"---they will be separated from their mother and sent into the wild to fend for themselves. from an early age, they will be taught in the art of warfare. they will do what is necessary to survive. they will be taught to fight, steal, to never give up, even to kill if necessary. they will come back men, or not at all. just thought i'd share

my kids are about ready to start their "time in the wild"---they will be separated from their mother and sent into the wild to fend for themselves. from an early age, they will be taught in the art of warfare. they will do what is necessary to survive. they will be taught to fight, steal, to never give up, even to kill if necessary. they will come back men, or not at all. just thought i'd share

...so.....public school?

Catholic schooling Preschool - 12th grade. I would say I am very open minded about all beliefs. Like clbsinvaders says, we studied lots of other religions. People making the "brainwashing" claims are absolutely retarded.

My two boys attend Catholic school and I haven't noticed a bit of "brainwashing" sans the occasional "Daddy...that isn't very nice" Quickly followed by me saying "I don't want to here you use that word!".....

It's just like everything else...the more involved and educated you make yourself, the better experience you will have.