issues with my brakes

SRTurbo04

ok so just got my srt back up an running(no issue to teh car it was my fault in a part i installed) anyways well i got the car running up a few days

well after gettin it fixed i noticed my break peddle goes 3/4 the way down before it starts to apply bbreaking pressure. an i have dramatically less breaking power. what coudl be causing this? bad brake master cylender?? pads rotors? the rotors seem fine an smooth i havent checked the pads yet but there isant any metel to metel contact sound (useed to hearing when pads are almost gone)

there is a tiny squeek while moving on the right front while cruising but thats it.

any insight?

Its a neon :idunno

;)

this neons gonna walk that broke down dsm of yours :)

Did you crack the brake lines for any reason? Air?

nope havent touched it anything to affect it . this happened a little before track day an just forgot about it .

If your pedal doesn't feel spongy just low, I'd want to look at the pads and see how far they are worn. I'd bet from talking to you that you need some new pads and rotors and it'd be a really good idea to more or less flush out the system by bleeding a bunch of new fluid threw it.

wheel bearing tight? if the rotor is moving it will cause this.

meh not sure lol i need to go to the dealer an get those parts unless advanced carries the crap i need to fix that.... :p do you know if they do?

He needs pads! I've told him this already! He said he hasn't replaced the pads or nothing since he's had it iirc

ive changed them sinc eowning it. its just been a long time lol

illl check it this weekdnd . anything specific to look out for while doing this?

excessive pedal travel can be cuased by worn parts, air in the lines, improperly adjusted drum brakes(i don't think that one applies to you), and fluid leaks

ive got rotors al the way. ill check the brake pads tomorrow. an last i checked the reservoir was full so nto sure of any leaks

Edited by Paul
cause chris is a douche