best/easiest way to tackle under carriage rust....

xlr8tn

I have a 97 Sonoma highrider with 114k on it. It's a winter/hunting truck for the most part. It sits most of the summer except to haul the boat out. The problem is it sits outside in my gravel drive and moisture is ruining it. I blew a brake line out Monday hooking it up to my camper...thank god it blew there and not out on the road. I need to do something about the rust to slow it down. I probably don't plan on keeping the truck much longer but I also don't want the truck to rust to the point it's ruined because it's still a pretty good truck and it'd make someone a decent truck when I do get rid of it.

Any somewhat easy way to tackle the rust keeping in mind I don't want to spend a fortune on it or every waking moment stripping it down to the frame? I know the proper way is to probably strip it down to the frame and por-15 everything..... I just don't have the time to do that and don't want to dump a bunch of money into a truck I know I'm not keeping. I've been wanting to buy a cheap sand blaster....would that be a decent option? Just blast everything I can get to on it and paint the frame?

I may have to look at doing something like that. I have some high pressure oil lines leaking that I'm going to address after I finish the brake lines then I'll look at doing something about this rust. I know it's hard to cheap out and fix something at the same time but I sure would like the least expensive way of doing it. I might have this truck another year.....not to mention a 97 sonoma with 114k miles isn't worth a whole helluva lot to begin with. :D