Group Ride Arguing

flounder

Have you wrecked on a large (10+ bikes) group ride?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Have you wrecked on a large (10+ bikes) group ride?

• Yes
    • No

I agree, this has disaster written all over it.. Putty, we could grab an airplane and I could fly us out there to watch. :) Maybe someone should take a goldwing or a van loaded with medical supplies and ride at the back to help prep the wounded for the upcoming ambulence/helicopter ride. . Someone should also consider taking a truck so that the crashers can get their balled up bikes back to town as well.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, this has disaster written all over it.. Putty, we could grab an airplane and I could fly us out there to watch. :) Maybe someone should take a goldwing or a van loaded with medical supplies and ride at the back to help prep the wounded for the upcoming ambulence/helicopter ride. . Someone should also consider taking a truck so that the crashers can get their balled up bikes back to town as well.

Not a lot of faith in the masses, eh? :p

I don't understand... What's the deal? Can the OhioRiders ride their bikes' date=' or not? 555 is not THAT difficult of a road. There seems to be an awful lot of hating going on that makes me leery of riding with this group. I am very particular about who I ride with. I'd like a 'heads up' if I should steer clear of the OR crowd and technical roads.

Or, am I missing some sort of inside joke? That happens, on occasion.[/quote']

most of the OR's I've ridden with have been fine, but theres a few that werent my cup of tea..:squid:

It has nothing to do with the individual riders on this site. But hystorically speaking, every large group from this site that went on a twisty road ride has resulted in a crash or multiple crashes. The groups are too big and the experience is to different and people ride above their limits and thats all she wrote..

It has nothing to do with the individual riders on this site. But hystorically speaking, every large group from this site that went on a twisty road ride has resulted in a crash or multiple crashes. The groups are too big and the experience is to different and people ride above their limits and thats all she wrote..

Site your sources.

So far the only jackasses I've ridden with on Ohio Riders rides weren't even on Ohio Riders (example: that green Ninja that wrecked in hocking).

Site your sources.

So far the only jackasses I've ridden with on Ohio Riders rides weren't even on Ohio Riders (example: that green Ninja that wrecked in hocking).

Sources.. are you kidding, It has nothing to do with being a jackass or not.. Large groups are bad ImmK

Lets see, 2 years ago, large group apple valley.. bluewhite brand new CBR.. crashed

Apple Valley once again and Justin went off the road - Not a crash but only because he knows how to handle a bike.

Asian rob - totaled the 600

2 Years ago, Brads and Jmacs friend on 929 at deals gap

Last year, hocking. the bike you mentioned. the guy on the cruiser, and Travis went off the road, and the other guy that ended up with brain trauma..

Last year, out east, charles crashed (not putty) and now has the zx10

Last year, Bannanas at deals gap

Pedro went down last year

Dont act like just because they did not have a screename that it has nothing to do with the ride being organized from this site or with members of this site.

Notice I didnt even count the crash with the drain plug that came out causing stephan to go down. Also didnt count the number of times that someone has almost taken me, putty, zorro, bannas, shawna, or steph out because they were showing off or trying to keep up. Hell, Ive told a few people to quit phucking around just from quaker to TacoBell because they damn near hit me or shawna, Putty has done the same

The point is,, Large groups when they have gotten together have seemed to have an 80% crash rate.

Yeah, big groups are normally bad news. I'm normally an advocate of splitting into sub groups with leaders based on skill level. Then everyone recollecting at the major stops.

Isaac's Papa, you have admit you were pretty scared on that last big "parade ride" and the pace was pretty pedestrian.... (excluding speedy triples wild ride home) Thus I'm not sure if big group ride incidents are really indicative of the safety of individuals from a crew...

Lets see, 2 years ago, large group apple valley.. bluewhite brand new CBR.. crashed

Brand new rider as well if I'm not mistaken, and he rode the bike home.

Apple Valley once again and Justin went off the road - Not a crash but only because he knows how to handle a bike.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't he say it was target fixation? Nothing to do with a group.

I never heard the story behind this one. And I wasn't on the ride.

That had nothing to do with Ohio Riders. It was the Gap for God's sake.

Last year, hocking. the bike you mentioned. the guy on the cruiser, and Travis went off the road, and the other guy that ended up with brain trauma..

The bike I mentioned is the guy who ended up with brain trauma. He was riding way above his head and riding like a jackass. He isn't on here. He's a friend of Travis'. Travis had his shield flip up and it spooked him. Bill, well, we call him crash now.

Don't know who that is, or how it relates to an Ohio Riders group ride.

Last year, Bannanas at deals gap

Again, at the Gap and not a large group. That was the trip you organized down there, right? Story I heard was a truck crossed the double yellow into Chris' lane.

Didn't even hear about that one. Was it a group ride?

Dont act like just because they did not have a screename that it has nothing to do with the ride being organized from this site or with members of this site.

You're the one that said:

hystorically speaking, every large group from this site that went on a twisty road ride has resulted in a crash or multiple crashes
I'm simply stating it has nothing to do with this site or the people on here. Accidents happen. Statistically, Ohio Riders rides have been very safe. And not every group ride from here ends in crashes. That's just retarded to even say.
Notice I didnt even count the crash with the drain plug that came out causing stephan to go down.

Again, that had nothing to do with Ohio Riders or a group ride. It could've just been the two of them and it still would've happened. Accidents.

Also didnt count the number of times that someone has almost taken me, putty, zorro, bannas, shawna, or steph out because they were showing off or trying to keep up. Hell, Ive told a few people to quit phucking around just from quaker to TacoBell because they damn near hit me or shawna, Putty has done the same

Didn't you and Putty START the high speed fucking around down 315? Yup. It was cool for you guys to buzz past people, but now it's not cool. Got it.

The point is,, Large groups when they have gotten together have seemed to have an 80% crash rate.

80%???? :nono:

I guess we won't be seeing you on any of the group rides, which means you can go ahead and stop commenting in threads about group rides.

Accidents happen, whether in groups or not.

If we're naming every little accident and almost accident, didn't you almost drop your show bike in a parking space at Easton? Was that because of the large group of parked bikes? Again, accidents happen.

:nono:

I moved all the posts not related to 555 into this new thread. Stop junking up threads.

He was fucking around ( On his own) and was trying to do wheelies

ride was not posted on OhioRiders just pic
ride was not posted on OhioRiders
ride was not posted on OhioRiders
Notice I didnt even count the crash with the drain plug that came out causing stephan to go down. Also didnt count the number of times that someone has almost taken me, putty, zorro, bannas, shawna, or steph out because they were showing off or trying to keep up. Hell, Ive told a few people to quit phucking around just from quaker to TacoBell because they damn near hit me or shawna, Putty has done the same

Again The OhioRiders group met at Shell not BP (:lol:)!

If you're not comfortable in a large group, why not just hang back near the back of the pack? That's what I did on the one group ride I went on last year (wasn't even a big group, maybe 10 people, I was just playing it safe) and really didn't feel any pressure to ride above my limits or to do anything stupid.

I think it's just all about self control and riding your own ride.

If you're not comfortable in a large group, why not just hang back near the back of the pack? That's what I did on the one group ride I went on last year (wasn't even a big group, maybe 10 people, I was just playing it safe) and really didn't feel any pressure to ride above my limits or to do anything stupid.

my first year and half of riding i was always the guy in the back. so i never had to feel like i was holding anyone up.

:plus1:

dont forget all the wrecks in NKY (including mine) it has nothing to do with large groups, the only reason why it happens more often in large groups, is because there are more people, lets take the hocking ride for example, im sure my numbers are wrong, but thats not the point...4 out of 50 people wrecked, if that group split up into ten groups, four people would have still wrecked. we ride the twisties in a straight formation, if there is 4 riders, or 400, it doesnt matter.

people just need to slow down on the street, i slowed down alot, but i still find myself getting it low to catch up to people who dont feel the same way as me

Wow,.. way to try and make yourself look good ben.. Nothing more to say to you since you obviously will find a way to justify every crash that happened as having nothing to do with OR or its members...

And as far as the comment about me and putty going down 315.. you and carrie have no clue what your talking about.. how many times did you make it to quaker or TB last year. yeah thats what I thought.. so per your comment, you can keep your comments to yourself about shit you know nothing about. Every trip from Quaker to TB was usually made with putty and I in the back so we didnt get ran into by someone.

Thanks for playing but you have proved yourself to be the weakest link on this one.

The point I was trying to make was that all the large group rides seem to end up poorly. Nothing to do with riders ability or anything. Large group rides just run that much more of a risk..

Don't we all take a risk each time we ride no matter how skilled we think we are? Denying the unskilled riders the chance to learn from more advanced individuals is selfish. I myself have alot to learn and hope to ride alot with you guys this year... just my two cents :D

dont forget all the wrecks in NKY (including mine) it has nothing to do with large groups, the only reason why it happens more often in large groups, is because there are more people, lets take the hocking ride for example, im sure my numbers are wrong, but thats not the point...4 out of 50 people wrecked, if that group split up into ten groups, four people would have still wrecked. we ride the twisties in a straight formation, if there is 4 riders, or 400, it doesnt matter.

people just need to slow down on the street, i slowed down alot, but i still find myself getting it low to catch up to people who dont feel the same way as me

Numbers were really close. 3.5 accidents (green ninja totaled, Bill wrecked twice, Travis went off-road... only counts as half) in Hocking out of over 60 bikes. So yeah, real dangerous. :lol:

Wow,.. way to try and make yourself look good ben.. Nothing more to say to you since you obviously will find a way to justify every crash that happened as having nothing to do with OR..

And as far as the comment about me and putty going down 315.. you and carrie have no clue what your talking about.. how many times did you make it to quaker or TB last year. yeah thats what I thought.. so per your comment, you can keep your comments to yourself about shit you know nothing about. Every trip from Quaker to TB was usually made with putty and I in the back so we didnt get ran into by someone.

Thanks for playing but you have proved yourself to be the weakest link on this one.

The point I was trying to make was that all the large group rides seem to end up poorly. Nothing to do with riders ability or anything.

:nono:

This has nothing to do with making me look good or bad. You're blowing smoke out your ass, again. People wreck. It happens. Don't try to blame it on Ohio Riders group rides.

I went to Quaker with you guys plenty summer before last. You all would do high speed runs down 315 buzzing cars and other bikes. How can you say I know nothing about it? I was fucking there. Hahaha!

As for how many times I made it to Quaker, none. I hate standing around. I'm not riding 30 mins to hang out in a parking lot.

How many times did I make it to Taco Bell, several actually. I just didn't go with you guys, and when I went I didn't hang out in the parking lot. I met with people and went out.

The point you tried to make was false, and you tried to twist your story. You originally said all Ohio Riders group rides end in wreck(s). Then you change it saying group rides in general. Then you said 80%.

Then as examples you post up shit that has nothing to do with group rides or Ohio Riders.

Accidents have nothing to do with group rides or people on Ohio Riders. They happen, and usually because of people screwing around or riding above their head. That's all I'm saying.