Yay, hopefully new bike this week.

Radio Flyer1647545514

Well I found a sv650s this week, turned in my loan application and all that jazz so hopefully by the end of the week this thing will be in my garage.

01sv650s with just over 5k miles on it, garage kept it's whole life. It's lowered 3 inches, but feels like a more comfortable fit for me since I'm only 5'8.

Wish I had some pictures but I can't find the ad on CL anymore.

Looking forward to hopefully riding with some of you, assuming this loan goes through.

Wish me luck.

I'm trying to build credit and I'm paying for my school in cash.

So either take out school loans, or take out a loan for this...

The loan is 3k by the way. And everything I've found on CL through the columbus search is above 3k.

99% sure you coudl get a school loan at a better rate then you can a loan for a used motorcycle. goodluck hope to see you out there on two wheels

I'm not worried about the money situation. I work just under 50 hours a week so getting money to pay it off won't be a problem.

Honestly I expect myself to have it payed off by the end of next year.

I'm trying to get credit built so I can buy a house/ condo next year.

I know I could have gotten lower rates on a school loan and all that yada yada, but I'm afraid if I take out one for school, I'll just keep doing it and be in a money pit by the time I graduate.

Yes, they are still carbed in 01. 03 they quit with the carbs. Wish I would have found an 03 model, but they all had way more miles and were still asking for a lot more in price.

Are there any huge differences that makes the carb worse than the fuel injection?

All I read was I just need to keep the carbs cleaned, and it's a little harder to start from a cold start.

He had the carbs cleaned last summer, new plugs and all that jazz done and hasn't ridden the bike more than 500 miles this season I would say...

if you want to go an throw it into corners then yes . my bike is lowered an if i dip it into a corner even some what my foot hits the ground an kicks the bike back up...not fun.

im asuming that bike is lowered liek every otehr bike. dog bones on the rear end. there shoudl be three holes for settings. the one your on is the lowest (3inchs) there shoudl be a half way(1.5 inchs) an then a stock level. i would go to the middle imo

Great choice, I had an 01 SV-s and it was great. I rode it all the time despite having a ZX12 in the garage beside it. Mine was also lowered at times for my wife and I didn't have any trouble with corners while lowered. The carbs are notorious for problems on these bikes and mine would always load up but you just had to go WFO at least once per week to keep it running tip top.

The suspension is also in desperate need of help for any serious riding. I used Racetech parts to rebuild my forks and a rear shock from a 636 Kawasaki and it transformed the handling of the bike.

From what the guy told me the Dog bones on this bike were changed out w/ busa ones???

I'm not going to be riding to hard starting out as this is my first bike so hitting the corners super hard is not what I plan on doing.

I'll mess around with it to find out what I like best I guess height wise.