Why we need health care reform

thorne

My point was that were the only major country with out some type of healthcare setup.

not stoned, havn't smoked in quite a few years now.

excuse me, i mispoke, you can set up monthly payments with the doc.

no high and mightyness here, just logical thought. "the greater good" isn't a logical way to live, so i don't support it in the least.

do you have major injuries every year? multiple amputations or something? think about it for a second, you pay your insurance monthly and they cover you when you see the doc. what if you never have a hospital visit in the entire year? they are holding onto that entire year of cash waiting for you to fuck your self up or what have you. opening a savings account, and you can do the same thing! the only thing insurance is doing is managing your money for you. some people can't help but spend the money, so they hand it to the insurance company who wont let them spend it.

obviously it's the major issues where the insurance really makes a difference(and takes a MAJOR loss too).

so? because everyone else has universal healthcare means it's the best? should we start adopting kings and queens again too? england drives on the left side of the road, it must be the better system! to say one form of government, healthcare, economic system, etc. is better than any other is just illogical. it's impossible to determine the "best" since they all have such complex and lengthy pros and cons.

no smugness here, just logic.

no thanks, my ass is an exit only.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i actually hope the healthcare plan passes. one of two things will happen

1) it will tank so fast, and we'll be forced to go back and end all this crazy shit and stop fucking our doctors over

2) we'll go on a nationwide strike, unionize, and finally have some power over what happens to us (physicians).

there's a reason that most major hospitals in big US cities have VIP floors. the cleveland clinic has one such floor where all the shah's/kings/royalty from other countries come to have heart surgery. if the health care in the US is so fucking bad why don't these pricks get shit done in singapore, or any of the other 35 countries that apparently have better health care than the US.

i could go on for hours on why obama's plan will tank.

i actually hope the healthcare plan passes. one of two things will happen

1) it will tank so fast, and we'll be forced to go back and end all this crazy shit and stop fucking our doctors over

2) we'll go on a nationwide strike, unionize, and finally have some power over what happens to us (physicians).

there's a reason that most major hospitals in big US cities have VIP floors. the cleveland clinic has one such floor where all the shah's/kings/royalty from other countries come to have heart surgery. if the health care in the US is so fucking bad why don't these pricks get shit done in singapore, or any of the other 35 countries that apparently have better health care than the US.

i could go on for hours on why obama's plan will tank.

Maybe because we have the most qualified and experienced Doctors. Healthcare is a whole lot more than just Doctors...Maybe they know if the doctors here fuck up they can sue for big money.

No rushing is not going to work .

But I do think people have a right. Thats my belief. Again like I said I talk to candians on a daily basis and I ask them tons of questions about there pros and cons and what not.

one of them just had a baby and how the care was through that. Its just blah

I know this is relating back to one of your earlier posts, but this is where you and I would differ. I don't feel that it is the "right" of every American to have healthcare. I do think you have the right to LIFE, but not HEALTH.

Reforms do need to be made however. It is not right that insurance companies have the ability to discriminate for pre-existing conditions, etc, etc. Health insurance should be made to cover more conditions, but I DO NOT want to rob Peter to pay for Paul.

The biggest problem is, once you cross the government healthcare line, it is much to difficult to turn back. If we were to rip Medicare/Medicaid out of the elderly's possession, it would be catastrophic to say the least. And this is one of the WORST programs available. There is simply no accountability in government insurance. If the gov't is the ONLY option, then a patients ability to choose is nill.

My point was that were the only major country with out some type of healthcare setup.

I know where you're going with all this, but honestly, Gov't involvement will only make things worse. Health care IS a business and if there's one thing our countries leadership can not do as a governing body is run a business effectively.

What we as a COUNTRY need to do is get and stay healthy. Overall, it's sad when I can't look around and NOT see someone who is over wieght or on some type of "magic" pill they call medication.

I consider myself pretty darn healthy and would be at or near 99% of a definition of it, if I would just get out and exercise more often. I say that because I make sure me and my family eat healthy, steer clear from crap food and none of us have seen a doctor for over one year (outside well-care for the kids.)

It can be done and we don't need the gov't to coddle us. I'll jump on my soapbox....it's called Accountability.