**Huge Gains On just a Tune Look inside!!!**

Evolved8

Cust recently brought us his WRX because he felt it was not where it needed to be on the previous tune that was performed on the car. So we did a complete re tune. Results:

Here is the graph on the SAME boost levels before and after our tune:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k198/projectturboex/GrantWRXSameboostlevels.jpg

And with a Hallman MBC and a few more pounds of boost:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k198/projectturboex/GrantWWRX.jpg

Need tuning solutions for your WRX or STI?? Call us at 740-965-1728

Thanks For looking,

Slowmotion Motorsports

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed

was that a silver wrx?

i think i just put his clutch in...

i told him to go see you guys about getting it tuned correctly....since someone had that tune all fubared..

was that a silver wrx?

i think i just put his clutch in...

i told him to go see you guys about getting it tuned correctly....since someone had that tune all fubared..

Thanks Rob and yes, Its silver.

Guest Removed
Looks like a mail order tune previously... See ones that look like that all the time.

Nice job Corey.

no...it was a tune done by someone local....if you must know. so i will not go into details on that one.

Looks like a mail order tune previously... See ones that look like that all the time.

Nice job Corey.

Thanks brandon, Much appreiciated. Not sure about the mail order tune, Cust said it was done local.

no...it was a tune done by someone local....if you must know. so i will not go into details on that one.

Its not a must know, I was just stating it seems similar to base line pulls from mail order tunes, many customers bring in to us. Im not worried about who it was, Corey does a very professional job tuning subarus, and IPS does as well, or else neither shop would be servicing them/ tuning them daily.

-Regards

Brandon

****** ADDED 8/9/09

Thanks for Not letting me see logs that obliviously would have shown what the issue was. Car's don't magically decide that a tune is not good. If that was the case then a cobb would just stop working after 6 months. If your really trying to claim a VF39 powered car I tuned made 180hp WITH OUT THERE BEING ANOTHER ISSUE, I think your out of your gord. Your dyno reads high, a fucking stock 2.0 WRX with a td04 would make that.

So here is a CAR with almost the same mods. MINUS A EWG and this car is even hitting full power sooner. The map of this car is similar map wise other then the WGDC and Fuel table. This car was a leaner but not by much.

http://www.40roll.com/bs/slomofail.jpg

Stock BCS 19psi.

I just spoke to rob on the phone. I was the person who worked on this car. I do want to see logs from the first pull. When I seen the car it was on a stock intake which the kid talked about changing. The car ran perfect when he drove it other then the clutch wanting to slip at anything over 15psi. He took it out right after I finished a rough tune because he was told his clutch was fried. Why did you have to goto a Halman to turn the boost up? The car's EWG was EASILY going to 18 when I had the car in my hands with only minor changes. @ wgdc of 50% or so. So it sounds like a problem was there and your not going into.

I will man up to something I worked on.

So please post the logs or email them including a learning view of the car. Also list all mods on the car. I'm not going to be unfairly Judged. The first dyno looks like what I would expect after a COLD ecu reset. If you pulled the map off the car before starting the IAM would have been @ 12. I would expect you would pull the map first anyways and made accurate data logs to verify the map was not so out of whack the car was dangerous.

the car idled perfect, It had been through quite a few ecu resets and every time the idle was dead on. So unless I blew the car up the idle should have never changed. Rob said the battery was disconnected so ever after a ECU reset @ iam of 12 the car should have idled just like it did before unless there was a mechanical change.

Edited by Thorne

I remember this car because it was a nightmare.

The only conclusions I could come to where. He put a mod on it such as a intake or something that was not on it before. Since you put a halman on I'm guessing his BCS which are noterious for failing on Subarus was screwed up causing the drivablities issues. I would really like to see the logs of the car from the first pull, Specficlly the IAM. I know what I do when I am looking at a car that has issues. I pull the map first. Pulling the map does perform a ECU reset, If you did this on the dyno the timing and such would have way off because of the IAM being 12.

1. The car would have to had the IAM set at like 12 for that first dyno pull if you pulled the ECU First.

2. The car's clutch was fried when I looked at the car and I told him the clutch was fried. I set it up with the slipping clutch and the EWG.

3. he was told to call me back when the clutch was fixed so it could be cleaned up

4. The car was wrong from day 0 because of mods he did wrong

5. The cars wideband was put in wrong and I had to help the installer redo the wiring

7. Was the maf dirty?

8. Please post logs from the first pull. I think thats fair

http://www.40roll.com/callingbs.jpg

Edited by Thorne

I told him the day I sent him to Rob for the clutch that the car was botched all to shit and to take it to SlowMotion for a proper tune.

Well, look at it now. I drove the piss out of that car 2 hours after the tune and have video footage of it cranking 30-130 in under 12 seconds. It was like a Christmas sleigh before.

+1 slowmo

When I talked to him a month later trying to get dyno time setup he had not fixed the clutch. but it still ran fine according to him. I can't find his number because I wanted a timeline due to the shir time I donated to this guy. Edited by Thorne

I told him the day I sent him to Rob for the clutch that the car was botched all to shit and to take it to SlowMotion for a proper tune.

Well, look at it now. I drove the piss out of that car 2 hours after the tune and have video footage of it cranking 30-130 in under 12 seconds. It was like a Christmas sleigh before.

+1 slowmo

You drove the thing after I first worked on it and it ran fine. You also know I was called at a last minute with no notice to work on something I had asked to see before hand. I spent hours at your house helping you get the wideband working and making the car actually run . I had really hoped to finish the car on the dyno to be dead honest as I was debating a EWG on a VF39.

You seen it idle fine there yourself. It also drove but it was not set to much power and had the Rev limited set at 4500.

7/7 Is when I was at your house. -- injectors fuelpump

7/11 I worked on the car more which i believe is when we found it had issues and was sent to ips -This might be when the EWG went on

7/22 I looked at the car more to troubleshoot it.

7/25 It had a machenical issue was sent to IPS not sure for what.

8/6 I started work on the EWG setup.

8/9 I took the car for a few hours and took it back noting slipping clutch (I see it in my bin file names) but it ran dialed back some and he was told fix the clutch we can finish it.

8/9 3pm Grant drove the car with me and my buddy kevin in the car because we wanted feedback on the driveablity. He thought it ran great and pulledl ike a raped ape.

Edited by Thorne

Guest Removed

it had alot of changes on the car when it was here. full exhaust, sti turbo, top mount and so on. and i have clearly already stated to you,i dont want drug into this. i changed the clutch and had the flywheel turned. car ran the same leaving as it did coming in. like crap. other then there was no clutch slip after the fact. customer provided his own clutch kit, which doesn't look like its slipping on the dyno.

car would idle, but sometimes getting it started was a chore. and tip in was horrible. other then that, i dont know

+1 slowmo

Dude is this grants car?!!

When i saw it on the Dyno pull a 190whp i was like what the fuck happened to this car...

Thorn - What did it make when you tuned it?

I'm not trying to be a dick , But I donated allot of my personal time to help this kid have a running car.

Including leaving work early to limp his car home.. I had not touched the car at this point. Things were changed wrong causing the car to have issues.

Including helping install parts.

Including making his car actually run on a notice of 1 hour.

Including taking his car out and working on it and Following up with him to make sure it was still good.

If your confident that my map was that bad , I will pay for the dyno time @IPS we can do a comparison of your map and my map. I just think its shitty you won't let the person who you claim tuned the car badly see the logs to indeed show this to be true.

Edited by Thorne

Guest Removed

When i saw it on the Dyno pull a 190whp i was like what the fuck happened to this car...

i think that is his name..Grant...

yep, just checked the invoice..it is grants car...(sorry , couldnt remember his name)

It never hit the dyno due to the clutch. I worked on the street some. He was told it was not done but the car didn't run like piss . It just didn't run to its full potential. He was supposed to call me back when the clutch was done for dyno time.

In all I felt bad for the kid because he went on a moding adventure on a subaru without much direction. I spent allot of time trying to help the kid because I hated to see him so screwed up.

I do want to see the car again because I'm curious, It's buggin the hell out of me actually as I spent a lot of trouble shooting time on the car. But i also Won't not man up to working on a car.

i think that is his name..Grant...

yep, just checked the invoice..it is grants car...(sorry , couldnt remember his name)

Yeah i went to highschool with zack and grant. Does grant still look like Arnold Schwarzenegger?

When they told me I was like what the fuck? I didn't know you were there... You need my number so you can hit me up next time, I'm less then 10 minutes from slowmo.

Guest Removed
Yeah i went to highschool with zack and grant. Does grant still look like Arnold Schwarzenegger?

he wants to buff you up..

he sure is not as tall, but cant say he is all buff :confused:...i really dont go around checking out customers