As if I wasn't on edge already.....

TTQ B4U

When it rains it pours they say. For those that know, I'm at the stage in my life where caring for my elderly parents is a weekly event. My mother is battling cancer and will begin her treatments in about two weeks. Thankfully my sister has been a big help on that front.

Today as I prepared for Cars and Coffee, I got a call from my mother to share that my father was brought to the emergency room. :(

Long story short, he may be having surgery at some point between now and Monday or Tuesday. He's 77 and has had heart problems for several years.

To everyone lucky enough to have their parents alive, savor the moments. I'm off to tend to him and my mom for a few. I'm sure I'll be on and off-line just to keep my sanity.

Thanks everyone. Today's a better day. Funny how some sunshine coming in the windows can help so much. Pop's is in good spirits today, but anxious to get out of here. Like any 77yr old, old-school Italian, he's as bull-headed as they come.

My sister and I are going through my parents home where they have enough food to feed my family and hers for two months :eek: Downside, is most all of it is not on either of their doctor recommended diets. :(

Together with my sister, my aunt and I are taking all the bad food out and going to the stores and stocking them up with better stuff. Since niether can drive and I have my Pontiac and his cars keys they will have to eat it or go hungry :cool:

Family stays together is what I tell my son, so all of this is just part of growing up I say. At nearly 40, yes....I'm still growing up. :o Staying positive is a challenge for everyone, including me, but it does come easier when you keep busy and have friends and family to share things with.

Thanks for listening to my woes.

Tim...my phone is always on and the PM box is always open if you need a set of ears. You've been great for me with everything my wife is going through and I'd love to be able to do the same for you if it's needed.

I'll be thinking of your father and wishing for a speedy recovery and a continued successful fight of the cancer for your mother.

Andy