My wife got a new project pics and ?'s inside

thorne

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking single turbo but I'm not sure yet. there are Ebay kits for 1700$

Just because it's cheap, doesn't mean it'll work. What are you looking to make with it? There's plenty of Fox body parts to be had for cheap if it's showing some rust. I know Texas mustangs was a good place to find the odds and ends on fox body parts. If you want forced induction, you could probably nail down an A-trim Vortech for the cheap if you look around.

http://www.texasmustang.com/

Yeah I got a message already about a blower. I went through allot of reading last night. I think 270whp is not hard to reach with bolt ons.

that should net a 13 second pass.

First things first.

Tierod ends

Ball joints

plugs

oil

tags ;)

I should be at dyno brians with it.

Yeah I got a message already about a blower. I went through allot of reading last night. I think 270whp is not hard to reach with bolt ons.

that should net a 13 second pass.

I would hope for more then a 13sec pass with 270whp. My 5liter went 14.2 at 106mph with a 2.6 60ft time on junk ass tires. It made 205whp and 279ft/lbs on round 2's dyno. Only mods it had was a H pipe. From what I have read the key to mustangs is not the power but the suspension because they do not like to hook up for shit.

Me and the fiance have been kinda talking about building a 5.0 after we get our Honda's done. I miss mine, just didnt like the gas mileage lol.

I would hope for more then a 13sec pass with 270whp. My 5liter went 14.2 at 106mph with a 2.6 60ft time on junk ass tires. It made 205whp and 279ft/lbs on round 2's dyno. Only mods it had was a H pipe. From what I have read the key to mustangs is not the power but the suspension because they do not like to hook up for shit.

Me and the fiance have been kinda talking about building a 5.0 after we get our Honda's done. I miss mine, just didnt like the gas mileage lol.

my 4.6liter went 13.1 with gears, tune, intake, and o/r h, on street radials. just food for thought.

Don't buy an eBay turbo kit. Trust me. I originally bought a Turbonetics turbo kit. Then found a kit that "looked" the same on eBay for 1/3rd the price, sold mine, bought the eBay, and got fucked. I would have been turbo 2 years ago if chad had come around sooner or if I had kept my original kit.

The eBay kit requires clearance of the drivers side header (an adjusting angled cut to bring it inward), then the crossover of course needs modified to fit the new length, then you have to completely modify the wastegate pipe and mount as well as the downpipes flange.

Don't buy an eBay turbo kit. Trust me. I originally bought a Turbonetics turbo kit. Then found a kit that "looked" the same on eBay for 1/3rd the price, sold mine, bought the eBay, and got fucked. I would have been turbo 2 years ago if chad had come around sooner or if I had kept my original kit.

The eBay kit requires clearance of the drivers side header (an adjusting angled cut to bring it inward), then the crossover of course needs modified to fit the new length, then you have to completely modify the wastegate pipe and mount as well as the downpipes flange.

Thanks for the heads up I had considered it. The idea of NA sounds fun but I think it would cost a shit load. or even spray. It's hard to decide I will let the compression test lead the way.

why are there like 7 maroon foxbodies on cr now? haha jk

Thorne looks like a solid car if you want me to look it over with you I am in worthington and know a shit ton about these cars I might have some stuff you can have for it as well if it needs little things I have a stock pile ha

Thorne looks like a solid car if you want me to look it over with you I am in worthington and know a shit ton about these cars I might have some stuff you can have for it as well if it needs little things I have a stock pile ha

I hope mine isn't included into this because it's obviously burgundy by day flake purple by night ;)

awesome I will bring it by next weekend ;)

You make a good point about the color. I am now going to strip the paint off of mine..... Wait Miller cleared that up, now I do not have to strip the paint off.

Good luck with the project Thorne! FYI GearheadZ FTW! + it would be in good company!