Can anyone look up license plate numbers?

AngryBMW

My friend was involved in a hit and run and has the tag of the person that hit him. We're trying to locate this persons information...

The tag is ECS 6260.

Feel free to PM me any information you may find.

Thanks in advance,

-Marc

Time to change my plate...

I dunno if its because Ive been up for like 3 days or what but I find just about everything funny. But seriously, do you have and friends that are cops or ex cops.... someones parents that are cops?? Im sure they can help you out if I were in the US i could do it.... but I dont have access to that system here.Your best bet is to just call the cops... sounds like you just want to take care of it yourself though...:p try this site http://www.licenseplatehunter.com/

Are people in the world really this ignorant?

Yes, i knew a kid who got wasted got in his car and hit a parked car IN HIS APARTMENT COMPLEX. As if that weren't bad enough, when he fled the scene he left not only his bumper but the license plate that was attached to it. Fucking idiot.

Yes, i knew a kid who got wasted got in his car and hit a parked car IN HIS APARTMENT COMPLEX. As if that weren't bad enough, when he fled the scene he left not only his bumper but the license plate that was attached to it. Fucking idiot.

I was trying to refer to our Dear Sir who is looking for the plate info...

And without saying it, I was trying to say what every one else has said.

The police can look up plates, and if you are a victim of a hit and run and got the plate.... CALL THE POLICE.

you don't call the police if you want to kill the person......... j/k

but seriously, police are dumb, and even with plate number they'd never do shit. They're too busy sitting on the side of the freeways trying to catch speeders and drunks to give a fuck about anything else.

Theres an old saying..... If you want something done right, do it yourself.

you don't call the police if you want to kill the person......... j/k

but seriously, police are dumb, and even with plate number they'd never do shit. They're too busy sitting on the side of the freeways trying to catch speeders and drunks to give a fuck about anything else.

Theres an old saying..... If you want something done right, do it yourself.

That is some dumb logic. Just saying..... :gtfo: :D

hmm,so what will you do once you get this person's info?

Just curious...

Thats what Im wondering. Getting a police report made and either taking him to court, or atleast getting insurance money out of him, will get you much further than a good old ass beating will, well when it comes to fixing your car that is.

Obviously the police have been called. I figured that went without saying. :rolleyes:

I was looking for information as I was in a very similar situation and the cops were unable to locate the driver of the vehicle. I was hoping he may be able to ID the person operating the car if he was the owner also.

Thanks for the one helpful post.

-Marc

Ok, so you contacted the police and made a report, that is good. Are you putting a claim in on your insurance? If so, don't worry about it, they will try to find the owner of the car and will sue them for the damages.

If not, well then you will just have to see what the police will do.

I have never done it, but I have heard you can go to a DMV and they "may" look up information from the license plate number. Not sure how much it is for the search, but I do believe they will do it.

Hit and runs in Ohio are tricky. Unless you can ID the driver, the police cannot charge the owner of the vehicle for it. There has to be proof they were driving. Now you can go after their insurance for damages, but if you're looking for other justice......

Hit and runs in Ohio are tricky. Unless you can ID the driver, the police cannot charge the owner of the vehicle for it. There has to be proof they were driving. Now you can go after their insurance for damages, but if you're looking for other justice......

Exactly. Like I said I went through this situation myself (twice) and received no assistance from the police. I ended up doing my own research to track down the last bitch that hit and ran me. And was still unable to get her or her insurance to pay up.

-Marc

Exactly. Like I said I went through this situation myself (twice) and received no assistance from the police. I ended up doing my own research to track down the last bitch that hit and ran me. And was still unable to get her or her insurance to pay up.

-Marc

No assistance from the police eh'???? Wow, what a concept.... Fucking worthless. Insurance didn't pay!!!! wow!!! so surprised..... Were required by law to have it... But when it's needed.... You're still fucked!!!

Same thing happened to me. My car got hit in my driveway. I chased the guy and got his plate number. The cops didn't do a thing. I even still have his license plate number stuck in my rear bumper. They said they couldn't prove it was him even though I could ID him.