Places to eat

thegame

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll throw another + on the Thurmann's pile.

However, given the crowd there on weekends, the Gahanna grill's not a bad alternative- good food (normal bar & grill type stuff) and a smoker-friendly patio!

It's just too bad they closed Paul's in Whitehall- dirt cheap, great food, and never crowded. Oh well.

Gahanna Grill

82 Granville St

Gahanna, OH 43230-3004

(614) 476-9017

You know, I was really disappointed at Schmidt's, I expected German brats, and they sure didn't taste like it. Nothing like German brats. Hell, a Johnsonville brat tastes more like a German brat...

edit: well, ok... there was one German street vendor brat that was similar, not very good... there you go...

Incidentally, my wife's grandparents are German immigrants, and they mock Schmidt's relentlessly. Having had their cooking, I'd have to agree, Schmidt's can't compete with the real thing.

That said, I've never had food I didn't enjoy at Schmidt's-- may not be authentic, but it's hard to fuck up a brat with sauerkraut.

go back to wholly joes and have the deep dish pizza. fucking awesome. not as good as "real" deep dish chicago pizza, but damn good.

if you like pho, go to indochine in whitehall. some good shit. don't forget to get the spring rolls (if they ask which, ask for the ones with the translucent roll)

if you just want a burger but dont want to wait for fucking ever at thurmans AND better fries, just go to five guys. thurman's is well worth the wait, but if you've had it a few times and just want a quality burger without a 2 hour wait... well, there are few options.

if you like gyro's, go to yanni's grill near cleveland ave and 270. get the jumbo gyro, and pray.

i'm sure i can think of more, but those are some of my faves in columbus.

Carsoni's on Westerville Road, just north of Iron pony has some good food.

If your down by Old Mans Cave try Jimbos....they have some good burgers, just bring your appetite.

Chinese food...try Golden Phoenix on Refugee Rd, they have very good Garlic Chicken.

Catalfino's in Pickerington by the theater is great, I used to eat their pizza on a regular basis.

An in the Pataskala area my house has some good chili.....haha reservations only!!!

Sicilia's Pizza on OSU's campus

22 E Frambes Ave

Columbus, OH 43201

(614) 291-3667

great pizza and its pretty cheap!

also Moy's Chinese Restaurant on High St.

1994 N High St

Columbus, OH 43201-1165

(614) 297-7722

Amazing chicken and not cheap but not ridiculously expensive

and last but not least my favorite Indian place of all time...

Taj Palace

3794 Fishinger Blvd

Hilliard, OH 43026-9206

(614) 771-3870

tajpalacecolumbus.com

if you've never had indian food this is the place to try it first and if you have there's no place better in ohio

trust me...i'm an indian and i know indian food :D

Check out Pasquale's Pizza in Westerville. Just south of Main on Rt 3. Great pizza and pasta. I've also been to Hamilton's Pub a few times recently...the pretzel are friggin awesome. Fried Bologna is good too, but nothing like the GNR in Waldo if you want the real deal.

I'll show you mugs some pizza...

New York Style - Flying Pizza on Bethel or High st. across from OSU. Father/son bit, the son (Sal, he'll probably have a towel on his head like a true NYC pizzamaker) owns the one on Bethel. Ask for a medium stretched out to a large and it is almost bang-on identical to NYC 'za.

Chicago Style - Adriatico's on 11th across from the OSU freshman dorms. A medium will feed me for 2 days, and they have wicked specials on Monday's and Tuesday's, or at least used to when I lived around campus.

OMG I'M SO WASTED pizza - Hounddogs. When you absolutely, positively, have to eat some decent food after a long night at Ledo's, accept no substitutes. It's not too bad sober either.

picking up where cheech left off with drunken food

-Raisin Canes is an absolute must have if you like chicken. simple menu, don't get slaw, just ask for double toast. its just as good drunk as it is sober. on high street between 15th and 14th.

-PJ's Fat Sandwiches. A heart attack waiting to happen but the best thing to finish off a night of drinking. if you can dream it, they will put it on a sandwich. i believe the street is frambes, right across the street from out-r-inn.

picking up where cheech left off with drunken food

-Raisin Canes is an absolute must have if you like chicken. simple menu, don't get slaw, just ask for double toast. its just as good drunk as it is sober. on high street between 15th and 14th.

-PJ's Fat Sandwiches. A heart attack waiting to happen but the best thing to finish off a night of drinking. if you can dream it, they will put it on a sandwich. i believe the street is frambes, right across the street from out-r-inn.

Yes and hell yes. Cane's is the shit if you want some good chicken fingers, I go to the one in Gahanna all the time. Haven't been to PJ's since the fire, but it's some of the best drunk food money that you haven't blown on cherry bombs can buy. Go sober at your own risk, but it beats the hell out of the assholes that sell gyros with ranch dressing.

what a coincidence had a Chicago Style hot dog right in Chicago from the

Portillo's

Chicago street food at it's best.....yum.....

Have to check out the cbus place....good info

HOLY SHIT Portillos is the best hot dogs ever! i used to live in Chicago and I still have family and friends there. It is a must have every time I'm there. Also did you know that they will ship anywhere in the country???