News reports

Sam1647545489

Why do they seem to only ever talk about dog bites when a pitbull is involved. Seriously there are 800 million other dogs out there besides pits that bite people daily.

Mulitple Pitbull attack on East or West Side of Cbus > interest than Tea Cup Poodle bite in Dublin.

News Teams like controversy and stirring the pot.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f273/Cristian619/Misc%202/268641_You20has20a20flavor.jpg

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj288/Dubs740/stunnedbert.jpg

And a funny pic (to me) I just took of my old man (Titan) waking up. Was trying to catch him upside down with his mouth agape and tongue out. He woke up.

Look into his eyes... Come closer... Closer... Just a little more...

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k58/ImUrOBGYN/Titan/IMG_1634.jpg

I have the deja vu, but when a cockerspaniel bites someones hand they tend to have to get stitches. When an irresponsible owner's pit bull goes apeshit on the neighbors kids, dismemberment and death are much more likely.

Then you combine that with image of the dog being a 'tough-guy' dog and you attract a less than capable crowd of owners who probably shouldn't be allowed to raise a hamster let alone a powerful animal like many bully breeds.

Then multiply that by the fact that many are raised by unscrupulous types to fight and kill each other for the purpose of gambling, and you have a ripe news-worthy story everytime.

Pits don't nessesarily get a fair shake in the media, but its not completely unwarranted.

Why does the dumb ass news media keep reporting false information about Bosco the police dog that was shot? He is NOT paralyzed, there is NOT a bullet lodged in the spine, and there is NO spinal damage.

How do I know they are wrong? Because my gf is the student who has been the sole clinician taking care of the dog for the past few days.

I have the deja vu, but when a cockerspaniel bites someones hand they tend to have to get stitches. When an irresponsible owner's pit bull goes apeshit on the neighbors kids, dismemberment and death are much more likely.

Then you combine that with image of the dog being a 'tough-guy' dog and you attract a less than capable crowd of owners who probably shouldn't be allowed to raise a hamster let alone a powerful animal like many bully breeds.

Then multiply that by the fact that many are raised by unscrupulous types to fight and kill each other for the purpose of gambling, and you have a ripe news-worthy story everytime.

Pits don't nessesarily get a fair shake in the media, but its not completely unwarranted.

I'd have to find the report again but, Pits were not the leading killer.

Well, so what? Pits are bad with those people, mmmkay. Wait, so are: Rotts, Dobes, boxers, labs, etc...

So are roosters?

It is mostly unwarranted.

I'd have to find the report again but, Pits were not the leading killer.

Well, so what? Pits are bad with those people, mmmkay. Wait, so are: Rotts, Dobes, boxers, labs, etc...

So are roosters?

It is mostly unwarranted.

The Center for Disease Control over a twenty year tracking period has the Pit Bull as the number one canine killer. Of course many dispute that stating that the "Pit Bull" isn't actually a single breed. Which would put the Rottweiler into the number one slot.

Regardless even separating the breeds one would classify as 'bully' would likely keep them in the 2 through 5 or higher slots, with the disparities between number of casualties dropping sharply as you go down the list by breed.

The Center for Disease Control over a twenty year tracking period has the Pit Bull as the number one canine killer. Of course many dispute that stating that the "Pit Bull" isn't actually a single breed. Which would put the Rottweiler into the number one slot.

Regardless even separating the breeds one would classify as 'bully' would likely keep them in the 2 through 5 or higher slots, with the disparities between number of casualties dropping sharply as you go down the list by breed.

You touch on the problem there, the definition of Pit Bull in so many cases. Even Ohio law is another example of that (read if you're not sure what I'm talking about there.) The stats are just screwed up.

Brian, thanks but I've got her taken care of now.

I bet if cocker spaniels weighed 95+ pounds they would kill a lot more people... but they dont. Rots and pit bulls kill more people because of the type of owners they attract. If those same idiots started breeding german shepards they would take over the top spot.

search for the couple posts about my g/fs parents cocker spaniel they got from a rescue place going apeshit on her mom when she moved while the dog was somewhat laying on her lap

ended up getting like 30+ stitches, docs could see through her arm, and she still has pain in her arm/hand...this was easter 08, so like a year and a half