I have a cat that needs a home.

thorne

My mainecoon mix cat is 4 years old and recently has been peeing by the door. His cat box is always clean as he has auto one.

The urine triggers my allergies and i can't take this.

So if someone knows a place i can take him who won't euthanize him let me know. He gets along With dogs and is super social.

I hate to do this but my health is important too.

Guest tbutera2112
nobody is going to want a cat that pisses inside...that stuff is brutal...does he have claws? if so i can maybe talk my gfs mom into taking him as an outdoor cat...theyve got 4 others, they feed them daily and put water out

its not a vent thing there is a male stray. honestly I can't deal with this . He's been the bet last time and no pee issues.

I want to be able to go to the basement again. This is just the last straw. I should have never got a cat.

Cats FTL. I'm sorry, had one, loved it, but the moment he pissed and I found out how deadly cat pee is to the atmosphere in my home he was out. Cat piss is the one thing in this world I don't think can ever be removed from a home.

This will send him home. Sorry, I hate cats!

http://thewhiteguy.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/ammunition_45acp_special_ball_669_small.jpg

Despite Dr. Cracker Jack's comment.... you REALLY SHOULD take the buddy to the Vet.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

this event aside last time he did not haave a infection. his box is in the basement which forbids me from using that room.

it used to be myy game room.

I was stupid for thinking it would not effect me and over the past 3 years on more then one occasion did i have a bad asthma attack:(, BLAH i love animals but i am tired of my health coming second.

I got rid of one cat for doing the same thing again 40$ vet trip no uti.

He just is not good for my health. i feel bad but i cant deal with it anymore.

if some one wants to give him a home I will pay for the vet visit. uti or not I can't take this any more.

If you care for this cat, I will take him.... HOWEVER, you must do the following:

Pay for his Vet visits, and all Meds to get him "healthy"

Get him Front Declawed (all our other cats have this..... they are all on eual ground)

Get all of our cats (3) up on Cat shots (including him)

KillJoy

I had two males that did the same thing, no UTI, they just pissed in the corner. My vet said it is probably another animal outside and they are marking. You can try to put some stuff around your house to keep the animal away. I will never have a cat because of this, cannot stand it either.

Don't do Craigslist, the crazies will be out in force.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/GonneVille/121697780063.jpg

No cat should EVER be declawed. Shit's illegal in some places, and should be here, too.

Common issues for declawed cats: altered gait, chronic pain, loss of balance, inability to climb/reluctance to jump. All of which can cause other health probs like joint issues, and personality changes from pain or lack of exercise. Those changes can range from having a "lazy" cat, who is in reality hiding serious pain, up to aggression and outright psychosis.

If you care about a cat, declawing them is hardly a way to show it...

Thorne, if you are having real problems being around the litterbox, there is a company making one now that actually uses a washable litter and flushes itself out after each use...as for the back door issue...shoot the stray. Kinder for it than leaving it out there fending for itself.