Restaurant Review: Cantina Laredo Polaris

http://www.cantinalaredo.com/

First off, we left there very sad, everything about this place sucked, except for the dimes that work there, and there are a ton of them. Everyone raved about this place as being the best Mexican food not found in Texas...IT SUCKS!!!

I had the...

PUERTO VALLARTA

Chicken enchilada, cheese enchilada and beef taco al carbon 12.49

Chicken enchilada tasted like it sat in water all day, then put in a tortilla. Cheese enchilada wasnt on my plate, it was replaced with a steak enchilada instead (i didnt order that), steak had zero flavor, i mean zero. beef taco thing, had Skyline chili sauce on it. everything everyone had was "bland". hour wait time from when we ordered, until we ate. One of the meals, was so wrong the waiter sent it back before we could even say it was wrong. This is a failed attempt at being the "Ruth Chris" of Mexican food. The only thing close to high speed was the prices. I never cry about food, however this was bad times. Dont go, unless they you want to sit at the bar, drink $6.00 beers, eat $8.00 queso/salsa, and stare at amazing strange.

Cliffs: Abuelo's Wins, Cantina Laredo fails. hot chicks at polaris.

Tom

I really like Baja Sol, there are at least two that I know of, and both are in restaurants that used to be Don Pablos. I frequent the one by Lennox, and I know there's one at Sawmill/161.

They have a Chips and salsa "bar", like a salad bar but with a bunch of different types of (mostly delicious) salsa. It comes with your meal at no charge. I have only positive things to say about the rest of the food that they serve as well.

I really like Baja Sol, there are at least two that I know of, and both are in restaurants that used to be Don Pablos. I frequent the one by Lennox, and I know there's one at Sawmill/161.

They have a Chips and salsa "bar", like a salad bar but with a bunch of different types of (mostly delicious) salsa. It comes with your meal at no charge. I have only positive things to say about the rest of the food that they serve as well.

i think its pretty decent. i dont like that its just order your burrito and wait...i guess i like going thru the line and picking my toppings and making sure its how i want it when i do burritos. we go to the one across from the meijer and home depot on hamilton rd just north of morse.

but the ultimate slam for burritos is what used to be in that same building before it was baja sol, called SALSARITAS. holy fuck, best burrito i ever had. i think better than chipotle, qdoba, moes, la bamba, baja sol or any others ive had here in town. fresh toppings, all around goodness

im so close to making a weekend trip to toledo to get some, its not funny. im gonna see if there are any near cleveland, since ill be up there in a couple weeks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stallion Motorsports View Post

Dont go, unless they you want to sit at the bar, drink $6.00 beers, eat $8.00 queso/salsa, and stare at amazing strange.

This is a good enough reason to visit anyplace.

This is a good enough reason to visit anyplace.

Hell, in that case just go to a strip club. At least then you don't have to undress them with your eyes.

There's a killer mexican joint in the parking lot at westland mall. It's cleaner than one would expect and everyone is friendly.Also the only place I've found in town that serves Pescada Entero (I really miss puerto rican food)

The mariachi band is pretty awesome too. they have an accordian, a 12 string, and an upright bass.

http://i27.tinypic.com/317ikab.jpg

excuse the crappy iPhone pic.

There's a great Puerto Rican restaurant on Cleveland Ave just south of 270, but you better have your Spanish touched up to be ready to order.

Are you talking about Costelo's? If so we ate there about a year ago. The food was pretty good. I'd go back there.