Changing a transmission by yourself sucks v. FML

Browning

did u make sure the clutch disk slides on the input shaft? ive seen it a hundred times before, brand new clutch kits not being splined right

everything is right. Had to have been an error on my part.

Left last night to go get something to eat and I guess my moms b/f and his brother came over and tossed it in while I was gone. Still haven't went out to look at it though. Hope the thowout bearing is set right. Not sure if I'm going to be able to tell or not by looking through the little slave cylinder window or not.

another question. I bled the clutch 4 times ie. push 3 times hold on the last. Truck moves and everything but grinds a tad in 5th and more in reverse. Reverse grinds pretty good.

Should I bleed it some more or assume the synchros are bad?

if its working fine in the first 4 gears, then you may have a synchro issue.

but also keep in mind 5th and reverse dont have synchros.

yea 1st-4th seem fine. I haven't had it on the street yet, just up and down the driveway.

Days prior to my clutch breaking reverse was grinding a little. 5th seemed a little too easy to get into but it didn't grind.

Guest Removed

drive it....shifting into 5th in the driveway means nothing.

and try going from 1st to reverse..input shaft could still be spinning due to the new clutch being nice and tight.

make sure to leave the trans in gear, and to turn the engine over some, by the crank bolt to help line the input into the clutch disc

+1 get a friend to slowly spin the crank... that helps a TON.... Also make sure your clutch is aligned right.

whoever said to take longer bolts to help pull it in is a HORRIBLE idea unless you want to tear up your transmission.

**EDIT: NVM, looks like you have it in...