Why in the hell does the President want to talk to my kids?

V8 Beast

I'm not filtering in the first place, I'm going over what has happened and having the last word. It works for us, and I hope that what you do works for your kids. Our kids can either be productive members of society, or can leach off of society. I really hope your way works, becasue I don't want to see leaches. We are all in this together.

What nudy bar comment?

You mean this? I guess thats filtering if you want to look at that way, but i consider that avoidance.

Filtering, avoidance, monitoring, hiding, restricting, etc.. etc...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine my filter just isn't meant to catch as much stuff. How many other posters in this thread even have kids anyway?

Scotty has a few but he will never claim them :p

Cliffs to this point....

I make a joke about an article I read where parents were misinformed about what Obama was going to say in school. They argue about kids being forced into politics when it had nothing to do with politics.

Thinking CR would miss the joke about the brain washing I note that I knew, but it could open the flood gates to politics in school to give it a reason to be in the kitchen.

People take this and go crazy about homeschooling kids, etc.

I try my best to keep up the argument but is hard with little to stand on (especially since its been in the news and I was the last human being to hear about it apparently) Luckily filtering was made the key topic so we move over to filtering since it holds more ground.

I bring in my views and Scott agrees with me without realizing it... but we continue to debate while mudcrutch searches photobucket for a pic that he hopes will get him laughs.

Scotty has a few but he will never claim them :p

Cliffs to this point....

I make a joke about an article I read where parents were misinformed about what Obama was going to say in school. They argue about kids being forced into politics when it had nothing to do with politics.

Thinking CR would miss the joke about the brain washing I note that I knew, but it could open the flood gates to politics in school to give it a reason to be in the kitchen.

People take this and go crazy about homeschooling kids, etc.

I try my best to keep up the argument but is hard with little to stand on so we move over to filtering since it holds more ground.

I bring in my views and Scott agrees with me without realizing it... but we continue to debate while mudcrutch searches photobucket for a pic that he hopes will get him laughs.

Fuck you because you filter too much :p

Fuck you because you dont filter enough! You let your daughter watch adult swim and she doesnt have a bedtime :p

Dude I don't even watch adult swim, and I'm just going to lie and say she doesn't have a bedtime just so I don't have to prove your point about us agreeing. I can't argue for shit :rolleyes:

I have 4 kids 6,7,11 and 13.

Its obvious you have kids based on your repsonses. You actually have the exact same views as me...

So... The truth of the matter is that the Hilliard schools had such a big response that they decided not to show it and sent us a link to watch it with our kids at home if we wanted to. I got that email about 3 weeks ago. My argument was if I was in the place of those parents that didnt get the choice. I read online that many parents found out after it happened. I thought it was a pretty good argument until mudcrutch pointed out the fact that it was in the news for weeks. The only thing I could think about to offset that was if the parent had to work.. but with all the time I spend online I couldnt link that to myself so I dodged it a little. If he would have came back afterwards he could have gone for the KO.. but he never came back.

Ultimately I think it's good for the children to see who the president is and to see that he cares about them. If it was a ploy to get votes I would object, but it seemed sincere. There are too many people that disprespect our leader and this is a good way to stop the next generation from doing it to future leaders. I could be wrong but thats how I feel.

I look at it like this. Like him or not, he is the president of the country I chose to live in and raise my kids in, therefore he is my president and my kids president. I have to believe he has mine and my childrens best interest at heart. There was no issue when reagan and bush was president. There was no opt out option when the president was white, why now that we have a black or partial black president? I see nothing wrong with speaking to the children in this country, lord knows theres not enough of role models speaking to the youth of this country. Look at their target community they say they want to reach, those parents are most likely not speaking to their children on any type of intellectual level. After my kids watch it, we will discuss what my wifes and my opinions are what was said, and I will from there explain to my kids what was said, what was meant, and the truths and falsehoods of the whole thing. If its all bs, then this will be my opportunity to point out to my kids what a bs'er looks like. We need to start not just parenting to get our kids to 18 but to set them up for life after 18, and that takes real work. I have found with my kids that what they believe before we talk is totally different after and things are explained the use what we taught them to my their own opionions based on their beliefs, our beliefs, and the facts layed before them and those they seek out.

Once upon a time it was a real event to watch the president on TV in school (Ask your parents, or theirs) It wasn't a big fucking deal, and no one got brainwashed because of it (Again, ask your parents) The big fuss being made about all this is really disappointing on whole as a society.

Once upon a time it was a real event to watch the president on TV in school (Ask your parents, or theirs) It wasn't a big fucking deal, and no one got brainwashed because of it (Again, ask your parents) The big fuss being made about all this is really disappointing on whole as a society.

Ding Ding Mother Fuckin Ding we have the winner!

I also like to see some people who are actually active in thier kids lives. Most of my family is in the education field and anymore parrents do not want to take any sort of blame.

+1

Seriously, some people need to quit worrying so much about stupid, little shit.

LMFAO!!!!!!!! My son just got home and said he watched Obama in school today. Guess the schools finally realized it was stupid not to show it. I'm looking for my other email now saying they decided to show it anyway because I missed it.

I'll report back after I ask him about it... then I'll ask my daughter (who is 3 years younger) and see if they have different views on it.

and it looks like our kids are just missing being in the same class by a year, Licking Heights?

They go to New Albany. Their mom lives in Westerville but the NA district. I moved to Blacklick about 3 years ago and I tried to get them in to Licking Heights but they didnt want to be away from their friends so they decided to stay in NA.

My 7 year old daughter..

"I dont remember what he said, but all the teachers clapped when he came on the tv" :lol:

My 10 year old son

"He said that kids should work hard in school and a bunch of stuff like that. I already knew that so I didnt pay much attention."

Ok.. that was uneventful.

Edit: I fail, they did send an email saying they were going to show it anyway. Deleted it with the spam.. oops.

Its obvious you have kids based on your repsonses. You actually have the exact same views as me...

So... The truth of the matter is that the Hilliard schools had such a big response that they decided not to show it and sent us a link to watch it with our kids at home if we wanted to. I got that email about 3 weeks ago. My argument was if I was in the place of those parents that didnt get the choice. I read online that many parents found out after it happened. I thought it was a pretty good argument until mudcrutch pointed out the fact that it was in the news for weeks. The only thing I could think about to offset that was if the parent had to work.. but with all the time I spend online I couldnt link that to myself so I dodged it a little. If he would have came back afterwards he could have gone for the KO.. but he never came back.

Ultimately I think it's good for the children to see who the president is and to see that he cares about them. If it was a ploy to get votes I would object, but it seemed sincere. There are too many people that disprespect our leader and this is a good way to stop the next generation from doing it to future leaders. I could be wrong but thats how I feel.

Don't get me wrong. I wanna be informed of what my kids are being exposed to at school before it happens. This is the school's responsibility. I would hit the roof if they made a decision about my children without notifying me and allowing my input. I also feel that my kids as well as everyone else are entitled to their own opinion and if they think the pres is doing a good or bad job then I want them to stand up for thier belief either way. I just think that a little more gets taken away from us a citizens each year because this person is offended by this or that person is offended by that.

I have several thoughts on any presidential speech towards youth. On one hand, I think the President is, whether anyone likes it or not, a role model. On the other hand, EVERY President and/or politician has other motivations for any speech. These types of speeches historically are made any time there is a profound issue being discussed across the nation. I read the text of his speech yesterday, and while it seemed harmless enough, only time will tell.

My 7 year old daughter..

"I dont remember what he said, but all the teachers clapped when he came on the tv" :lol:

My 10 year old son

"He said that kids should work hard in school and a bunch of stuff like that. I already knew that so I didnt pay much attention."

Ok.. that was uneventful.

Edit: I fail, they did send an email saying they were going to show it anyway. Deleted it with the spam.. oops.

I lol'd

Someone gave me neg rep in here? You're an idiot. Quit raising a bunch of pussies. You're probably the one who yells at me for driving my car/bike on the streets of my neighborhood cause your kids are playing in the street, but its cool cause you have a stupid yellow guy in the middle of the road saying kids at play. Get real. You are doing a bad job raising youre kids if you cry about it when the president tells your kids to do well in school.