Monopoly City Streets

Browning

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How has this game been going for you all?

last I checked before I quit I was leading my town, and everyone I had added to my friends list by quite a good bit and was stretching that daily.

Haven't logged back on since they changed the value of rent.

not as much money...but i keep under 5 streets..and the chance cards for penlty's suck ass. i got hit with a taxs one for 3.33 mil.:(

not as much money...but i keep under 5 streets..and the chance cards for penlty's suck ass. i got hit with a taxs one for 3.33 mil.:(

i've been sticking with 5 streets too, but i got hit for taxes last night for $13 million! totally ended my game for the night since i was in the process of replacing smaller buildings with bigger buildings on a long street. totally cut my money in half at the time....

so someone just put a hazard on my rd, what can i do? what happens? since i dont get rent, do i sell the rd? when i tried to put a hazard on one of HIS unprotected roads, it said there wasnt room for it... wtf... so if i just fill up a road without it protected by a bonus building, no one can put a hazard on it?

im still new to this and dont quite get it .. help a sistah out.

so someone just put a hazard on my rd, what can i do? what happens? since i dont get rent, do i sell the rd? when i tried to put a hazard on one of HIS unprotected roads, it said there wasnt room for it... wtf... so if i just fill up a road without it protected by a bonus building, no one can put a hazard on it?

im still new to this and dont quite get it .. help a sistah out.

1. you can't get rid of the hazard until you get a bulldoze card. i'm not sure if you can sell the road with a hazard on there....

2. a good strategy to protect your roads is to fill up every bit of land with a building...doesn't matter what size. i usually put up all the big buildings i want and then i fill in all the spaces with whatever buildings will fit. that way there is no room to place a hazard. someone would have to get a bulldoze card first, bulldoze a house, and then get a hazard card and hope that that hazard fits in the spot that they created....most likely not going to happen like that. the cards don't come all that frequently...

3. if you end up filling up your roads with buildings and then receive a bonus building card, you just go back and sell some houses to make room for that bonus building

does that answer your questions?

1. you can't get rid of the hazard until you get a bulldoze card. i'm not sure if you can sell the road with a hazard on there....

2. a good strategy to protect your roads is to fill up every bit of land with a building...doesn't matter what size. i usually put up all the big buildings i want and then i fill in all the spaces with whatever buildings will fit. that way there is no room to place a hazard. someone would have to get a bulldoze card first, bulldoze a house, and then get a hazard card and hope that that hazard fits in the spot that they created....most likely not going to happen like that. the cards don't come all that frequently...

3. if you end up filling up your roads with buildings and then receive a bonus building card, you just go back and sell some houses to make room for that bonus building

does that answer your questions?

yea it does help..

how do you sell houses once you put them on a road?

sooo... i have a road that i dont get rent for. i just keep it? or wait for a bulldoze card and clear off his hazard? there is enough room for a bonus if i got his hazard off...

to sell your house:

click on your road...you should see little plus signs below all of your buildings. click on that to get info about that property...it will tell you how much you paid for it and how much it gives you in rent. at the bottom of that card, it should say something about selling the building. click on that once and then it will ask you if you are sure about selling it, just click on it again to confirm the sale. you will only get half the amount back that you paid for it, though.

to sell your house:

click on your road...you should see little plus signs below all of your buildings. click on that to get info about that property...it will tell you how much you paid for it and how much it gives you in rent. at the bottom of that card, it should say something about selling the building. click on that once and then it will ask you if you are sure about selling it, just click on it again to confirm the sale. you will only get half the amount back that you paid for it, though.

thanks a bunch!!

I just destroyed 5 bonus on a guys street if anyone wants to place some spare hazards his name is THAIBOY would be much appreciated

I'm building houses now. I'll put a hazard on there for you. What road of his?

thanks a bunch!!

Yes, you can sell a road with a hazard on it.

I'm building houses now. I'll put a hazard on there for you. What road of his?

Yes, you can sell a road with a hazard on it.

any of them will work I have placed two hazards on his streets now. He only has one street left that can get rent.

yea it does help..

how do you sell houses once you put them on a road?

sooo... i have a road that i dont get rent for. i just keep it? or wait for a bulldoze card and clear off his hazard? there is enough room for a bonus if i got his hazard off...

You can place a bonus building on a road with a hazard and then collect rent, even if the hazard still exists. The bonus building overrides the hazard; however, if someone demolishes the bonus then the hazard still exists and you won't be able to collect rent at that point.

I place a bonus on a street with a hazard if I get a bonus, then hope for a demolish to get rid of the hazard just in case.

You can place a bonus building on a road with a hazard and then collect rent, even if the hazard still exists. The bonus building overrides the hazard; however, if someone demolishes the bonus then the hazard still exists and you won't be able to collect rent at that point.

I place a bonus on a street with a hazard if I get a bonus, then hope for a demolish to get rid of the hazard just in case.

gotcha.. ok so i need either a bonus or a demolish card to get the rent from it.

cool.. thanks

good to know...thanks!