Cheap CD-Rs at Best Buy

GSXRAntwon

I bought 100 packs of DVD -R's at a Best Buy Black Friday sale for the same price. I think we got about 1000 discs the last time we bought them. :)

And really, CD-R's? I've had the same 50 pack for years....not really useful. When Best Buy has cheap BD-R's, I'll be interested.

6 Disc in dash sounds way better than a compressed mp3 any day. Same at home.

Why are you compressing your MP3's so much that you can hear a difference. Either go lossless MP3 or go a super high bit rate.

Plus, factory radio...seriously, you probably can't tell the difference between 128k MP3 and a CD anyway on that.

CD's are a thing of the past. I couldn't even tell you if the CD player in my Avalanche still works...my Premier deck controls my iPod, and I have my Sirius. I just keep my CD's in a box because I don't want to throw them away.

Why are you compressing your MP3's so much that you can hear a difference. Either go lossless MP3 or go a super high bit rate.

Plus, factory radio...seriously, you probably can't tell the difference between 128k MP3 and a CD anyway on that.

CD's are a thing of the past. I couldn't even tell you if the CD player in my Avalanche still works...my Premier deck controls my iPod, and I have my Sirius. I just keep my CD's in a box because I don't want to throw them away.

In the car, yes you can easily here the difference. I have most of my mp3's at 320 but of course some are at 256, etc. I can flip back and forth between the Aux and CD and the difference is noticeable. Does it sound good playing MP3's? Yes. But if you listen to a CD of the same song, you can tell.

Inside, I have a pretty high end system of Onkyo powering OHM Paradigm Speakers and there it's noticeable. Even more so.

WRONG. Properly encoded mp3s sound fine.

The only way I've found to get CD Quality is to use WAV or AIF encoding. FLAC, LAME or ALC work too. However most of what I'm downloading is either MP3 or AAC and both introduce measurable and noticeable spectra changes even when at 320kbps.

Feel free to share some files you've encoded and we'll compare them on CD vs an iPod. However, the studies have been done and while I'm not a huge audiophile, I can tell the difference.