Where are the good Family Restaurants?

carl1647545492

Not really hole in the wall type places, but still really good.

Spaghetti Warehouse

Buca

BJ's Brewhouse...not so bar oriented although they have a large bar area.

The Garden...If your up in Port Clinton

Spaghetti Warehouse has serious problems with the health department, just check the Columbus Health Department's website.

Buca got bought out last winter by a new company, but they didn't sell the recipes to the new owners. If you haven't eaten there recently, you might want to hold off on your review. They have really gone cheap on thier product, and it shows.

+1 on BJ's (the restaurant, you pervs)

My wife's in the restaurant biz, I get a lot of the inside scoop.

Oh, yeah. WG Bistro in Hilliard for Friday Night Lasagna. Amazing. Better than Mom's!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chef from Starliner left a few months ago and started his own place down the street. Louie's Fusion Grille on Cemetary across from the car wash. Awesome breakfasts.

yah.. 610 did a review of them, and after hearing what they had to say, i think i will pass.

Spaghetti wharehouse is a franchise joint, and kinda crappy anyway. the setup is nice but the pasta is bad. Belt drive ceiling fans and an indoor caboose do not make up for watery marinara.

How dare you, spaghetti warehouse the the best in the world. Or at least in mind, my trip count is reaching 100.

Ann N Tony's in West Jeff.

+1 Not sure how I could have forgotten Ann N Tony's. One of my favorite places ever. Family owned, AWSOME food. My parents used to take me there when it was a little hole in the wall place. Maybe had 10 tables. They have expanded since, but it's still great.

It's not that scary...

Depends on what your definition of scary is. I grew up on the west side so it's not scary to me, but it may be to someone reading this thread. Regardless i'm not going to suggest anyone go there at night simply for the car breaking into factor.

Spaghetti warehouse is really close to downtown and more isolated from the negihborhoods around there.

The chef from Starliner left a few months ago and started his own place down the street. Louie's Fusion Grille on Cemetary across from the car wash. Awesome breakfasts.

I went there on lunch a month or so back, it was horrible. I'll never recommend or eat there again.

Otie's in Hilliard. yeah, they have a bar, but it's a restaurant too.

Otie's is a pretty good lunch stop. I love their french fries.

How dare you, spaghetti warehouse the the best in the world. Or at least in mind, my trip count is reaching 100.

Jason try Scali's they are twice as good twice as close and 75% the cost and you don't have to worry about your car not being there after. Oh and I can atest to the lest than good conditions behind the scenes..

Clarks Diner in Jacktown (outside of Hebron) on st rt 13. Too bad they are closing Nov 1st due to "the family restraunt type of business has no place in todays society". It has been open for 91 years...

Holy fuck, I didn't know Clark's was closing! :nono:

Carl, ever heard of the Ohio Deli? You can't beat the prices there and the food is very good. They also have an eating challenge there, 30 minutes to eat a 2.5 pound sandwich and plate of fries. It's $7 (yes, $7) for that huge sandwich and plate of fries.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&source=hp&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=ohio+deli&fb=1&gl=us&hq=deli&hnear=ohio&view=text&latlng=17328619940202614700

I need to make it out there again, talking to Paul about it made me want to try to tackle the sandwich again. :)

I finished it in 32min becouse I did not think I chould eat it all so I started slow :(

Go back and try it again. We were there as some high-ass looking college student finished it. I believe the record is 5 minutes or something crazy like that. :eek:

Spaghetti Warehouse has serious problems with the health department, just check the Columbus Health Department's website.

Buca got bought out last winter by a new company, but they didn't sell the recipes to the new owners. If you haven't eaten there recently, you might want to hold off on your review. They have really gone cheap on thier product, and it shows.

+1 on BJ's (the restaurant, you pervs)

Was at Buca a week ago, same as always.

Obviously the Warehouse is doing fine enough to still be open, good enough for me. Beats Taco Bell.