Can a 550rwhp Fbody beat a 395rwhp bmw

Sam1647545489

Track Day = F-Body VS BMW  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Track Day = F-Body VS BMW

• Sam's 5.0L BMW
    • Anthony's FireBurdy

Not enough information given. Without specs on suspension and tire near impossible to guess. If the BMW has IRS, and a stock block 5.0 wheelhop and block failure are quite possible. If the f-body has stock 7 5/8" rear so failure is quite possible but looking beyond potential component failure, I lean towards the f-body for the slight power advantage, as it has been ran down the track more frequently so its launch and shiftpoints are better known (programmed), and is closer to its originally engineered setup (aolid axle, torque arm, relatively big rear fender wells) than the bmw AFAIK. And to those comparing drivers how much driving is really involved, honestly with automatic transmissions and slicks? And to the comments of the automatic and boost- aren't both cars equipped as such? I apologize if I am misinformed.

Someone should setup a poll... it appears the forum is leaning towards the bmw but it may be closer than it looks if a poll were setup.

I dunno much about Anthonys setup so I will post mine:

Stock 5.0L motor

Stock BMW rear end

Stock BMW suspension with a set of coil overs

C4 Auto manual valve body which means I still gotta shift it.

Its gonna be a good race. :)

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno much about Anthonys setup so I will post mine:

Stock 5.0L motor

Stock BMW rear end

Stock BMW suspension with a set of coil overs

C4 Auto manual valve body which means I still gotta shift it.

Its gonna be a good race. :)

Stock 5.7L LS1

Stock GM 7.5" rear end

Stock GM suspension w/ KYB rear shocks

RPM Level V 4L65E shifted via PCM, but the shift points still need redone

It will be a good race :)

forget this poll crap lets bet i got 10 bucks says sam pulls anthony but atleast a full car or i guess since its at teh track sams got anthony by atleat 3 tenths

i love you both but i love pulling for the underdogs in anything. Anyone wanna put money on this or what?

..... :p

I want to see how fast Kool Ray is with his Stock Block. Fastest Stock Long block was that I am aware of is Jim Mccool's 83 GT Convertible. He managed to do a handful of 9.70's at 142 mph with a T76 and Holley Systemax intake on a stock 130,000 long block. Aprox 600rwhp. I am told he had close to 200 passes on the combo before removing the engine and building a motor for Real Street. My guess is Ray goes somewhere in the mid 9's.