1. 1. Track Day = F-Body VS BMW

• Sam's 5.0L BMW
    • Anthony's FireBurdy

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
ill be signing up just dont know which toy to bring...or both!

as far as i know, you only have one with a motor in it..

unless one of these trucks show up with a motor in the back of it :p;)

miller i believe your calculation is incorrect due to the turbo starting to not be as efficient towards the top end. we would need to see the compressor map for the 72 to determinie this for sure. that and some very well done gt40 head setups can approach 300whp n/a when done right. 15 sounds just about right like he stated. Honestly i think both of you guys are gonna try to come on with everything you think you can put out and alittle more. Running 10.30s sams gonna have to make everyone shit a brick out the hole however its dueable. Both these cars a extremely fast however there both screaming fo 9inchs to reach there true potential. you guys both have too much motor for the car and either could break so its really up in the air. Anthony whats your 60 ft and gear. Whats the final drive on the bmw as well. That gears really gonna determine whos gonna run who down in the top end.

I just did a basic calculation to get the point across.

Show me a bone stock 302 with just explorer heads and a cobra intake make 300whp. No way.

I believe the class is called factory stock. Look it up and be amazed.

I know what factory stock is and the list of modifications. So look up reading comprehension, outline the two stated mods in my quote, and be amazed at yourselves.

Thanks guys get back to me great talk.

miller at your request

315whp 398wtq gt40 heads gt40 intake unequal length shortys custom ground cam

300whp 314wtq gt40 heads and intake and LTs

so be amazed at how the above video makes you look like a tool

and first off i said gt40 head setups which implied a cam however i should have been more specific although the second video is a stock 93 cobra longblock and stock cam and it still does it. You just have to be one of those people who has the mind set to do something even when others say it isnt possible. Its all about the package.

2.92 gonna work very well, last thing im gonna say, this will be one hell of a race

Sams 26 inch tire c4 2.92 rear

1st 2.46 rpm 5570 mph 60

2nd 1.46 rpm 5509 mph 100

3rd 1.0 rpm 5509 mph 146

verus

Anthonys car

GM 4l60e ratios 1st 3.06 2nd 1.63 3rd 1.0 4th .70

28inch tire 3.73 gear

1st 3.06 rpm 6437 speed 47mph

2nd 1.63 rpm 6420 speed 88mph

3rd 1.0 rpm 6401 speed 143mph

4th .70 rpm 6392 speed 204mph

I know what factory stock is and the list of modifications. So look up reading comprehension, outline the two stated mods in my quote, and be amazed at yourselves.

Thanks guys get back to me great talk.

Maybe you should state what you mean then. Did you say anything about cam choice? I don't think you did. Also, 310 ci isn't a 302, but who is counting that? Also, what about port work? I realize that isn't allowed in factory stock, but the point of my post was to show that with very little you can make the power. Just have to know what you are doing. By the way, the look up reading comprehension is still my favorite e-thug post. Thanks for making me laugh.

Maybe you should state what you mean then. Did you say anything about cam choice? I don't think you did. Also, 310 ci isn't a 302, but who is counting that? Also, what about port work? I realize that isn't allowed in factory stock, but the point of my post was to show that with very little you can make the power. Just have to know what you are doing. By the way, the look up reading comprehension is still my favorite e-thug post. Thanks for making me laugh.

Yes, I am one of the most notorious e-thugs on the board and I began this entire situation because I hate 5.0's and love to contribute to people thinking they can't make power, especially N/A

It gives me a boner to do all of the above.

miller at your request

Hi, you're a faggot.

Hello, you're still a faggot.

One line below, nope, nothing's changed.

This all started by my statement of what Sam and his car made. Not this or that car. My understanding was he has gt40(P) heads and a cobra intake, maybe ignition. According to those mods it's not going to break 300, obviously. So sure, I'm a tool.

Guest Removed
miller at your request

and first off i said gt40 head setups which implied a cam however i should have been more specific although the second video is a stock 93 cobra longblock and stock cam and it still does it. You just have to be one of those people who has the mind set to do something even when others say it isnt possible. Its all about the package.

1st video

JP Performance built this street/strip coupe to run at our local 1/8th & 1/4 mile track. This video is when it was getting dyno tuned at Powertrain Dynamics by Steve. The car put down 315rwhp and 398rwtq with only about 200 miles on the engine.

mods: GT 40 Tublar intake, GT 40 heads ported/polished by Ben Alameda, Isky custom grind cam, mac unequal length headers with matching h pipe and catback. on the ignition side resides a whole msd ignition set up and an autologic custom chip. All on a 5.0 bored over 0.30.

Category: Autos & Vehicles

2nd video

Original block, GT-40 iron heads, GT-40 intake, stock Cobra X3M computer, stock 70mm CObra MAF, MAC full length headers and exhaust.

and still could be things done there not listed...

yes you can get 300 whp out of one, but your not doing it with just a head and intake..k thanks bye

Yes, I am one of the most notorious e-thugs on the board and I began this entire situation because I hate 5.0's and love to contribute to people thinking they can't make power, especially N/A

It gives me a boner to do all of the above.

It's an e-thug comment, so that is the response you got. Where did anyone state that the heads in question were explorer heads? They made aluminum GT-40 heads too. 300 wheel isn't too far fetched with those, with the right setup. I'm done with this, since it's not really that important and it seems that you need to piss on the other guy a little more anyway.

Back to the left.....

Sam, what's gonna stop you from upping the boost during our pass? It's not like it will be obvious when you do it, ninja-like.

Me not wanting to pop the motor. Like I said, 15# is most it will be set at. There is no way for me to show you while we are racing that it will be at 15#'s. I dunno what else I can do but just tell you thats as far as it will go.