2010 SHO runs a 12.75 with just an airbox and tune

DTM Brian

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea but you get a much less reliable car with a POS BMW, ill take the ford please!

You also think that the automatic they used, which they limited engine power for because it couldn't handle what they wanted to give the SHO will be reliable? Remember the car weighs 4300lbs, thats mega heavy for a weak tranny.

The new Taurus is a nice car, way too big on the outside for how big it is on the in side, and way too expensive.

With that said, the car will very easily be in the 11's. Throw on some downpipes, full exhaust, charge pipes etc a retune and some lightweight wheels, and your there.

lol, since when is ford reliable?

Exactly

Edited by Aaron

So your saying Ford's FIRST attempt at combining direct injection and turbocharging will be reliable?

This isn't their first attempt. The MS3 and MS6 both have a boosted and DI engine. Motor is good as is the tranny. Those throwing rods are upping the boost and killing them....along with the others who burn up the seals on the turbos by cooking them.

This isn't their first attempt. The MS3 and MS6 both have a boosted and DI engine. Motor is good as is the tranny. Those throwing rods are upping the boost and killing them....along with the others who burn up the seals on the turbos by cooking them.

You're right. I knew about them, but forgot that Ford owns Mazda for some reason haha. Thanks, I edited my original post.