Any interest in a range meet?

Bam

wish i knew that...range time + 12 targets was like 18 bucks, 3 rounds of skeet was $27 each. holy shit.

my shoulder is red/bruised as shit, as im sure matts is too. it was a good time though. i havent been out shooting for fun since like july 2008. fuck.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wasnt bad. range seemed like any other range...it was nice to have skeet fields and a range at one place...i havent been to any other place that has both (although im sure theyre out there).

i went through about 325 rds of 9mm, a dozen or so .22 (damn hollow point 22's were getting stuck on the feed ramp of the rented gun, so we went with a revolver, which was even more of a bore/pain in the ass loading/unloading), and 75 12ga rounds...various rounds ive had sitting around the house. some big shot loads...probably why my shoulder is hurting tonight. mainly BB, #2, #4, and #7.5

thought id be up there for a couple hours max, and i was there from ~12:30 to about 5pm.

much thanks to evan for helping out and offering up his gun/ammo for some good times...

I went through 200rds of my 9mm ammo, probably 50rds of his .22 ammo, and 75 rds of his 12gauge in the 3 rounds of trap....plus learned a lot.

My arm/shoulder is defintely sore and I got a big fucking bruise, like the size of a fist, LOL. But I found out that I wasn't holding the shotgun right as my upper arm muscle is bruised more than my shoulder, oh well, first time, live and learn.

Was surprised no one else showed up but it was definitely still a good time.

thanks again evan, we'll have to get together again sometime.

much thanks to evan for helping out and offering up his gun/ammo for some good times...

I went through 200rds of my 9mm ammo, probably 50rds of his .22 ammo, and 75 rds of his 12gauge in the 3 rounds of trap....plus learned a lot.

My arm/shoulder is defintely sore and I got a big fucking bruise, like the size of a fist, LOL. But I found out that I wasn't holding the shotgun right as my upper arm muscle is bruised more than my shoulder, oh well, first time, live and learn.

Was surprised no one else showed up but it was definitely still a good time.

thanks again evan, we'll have to get together again sometime.

lol. you seemed to have it in the right area...maybe move it in a little more next time if it was that bad. im bruised/red right where my arm and shoulder meet. and going to the gym today didnt help. oh well. ice for 1 hr FTW

now that im out of ammo, next time ill just bring some cheap 2 3/4" target loads. little less brutal

You guys are pansies....

When I was shooting Sporting Clays competitively I would shoot about 1,000 rounds per week. On non-scored open shoots I would probably shoot about 300 rounds... All 12 guage, and I was 15

You guys are pansies....

When I was shooting Sporting Clays competitively I would shoot about 1,000 rounds per week. On non-scored open shoots I would probably shoot about 300 rounds... All 12 guage, and I was 15

Correction, I'm a pansy. And honestly I think its just because of how I was holding it.

No bullshit, my ENTIRE upper arm is bruised, from my elbow to my shoulder, its a DEEP purple with yellow around the edges. Picture your entire bicep bruised bad, that's why I suck.

It was fun but I definitely need more practice to be more consistent, I'd hit like 1 out of ten, lol.

Correction, I'm a pansy. And honestly I think its just because of how I was holding it.

No bullshit, my ENTIRE upper arm is bruised, from my elbow to my shoulder, its a DEEP purple with yellow around the edges. Picture your entire bicep bruised bad, that's why I suck.

It was fun but I definitely need more practice to be more consistent, I'd hit like 1 out of ten, lol.

I'm a 20-23 shooter in skeet when I'm just dicking around.

Without even seeing what you were doing, you need to hold the gun much tighter to your shoulder and absolutely bury your cheek.

I'm a 20-23 shooter in skeet when I'm just dicking around.

Without even seeing what you were doing, you need to hold the gun much tighter to your shoulder and absolutely bury your cheek.

i told him to bury it into his shoulder. ive been shooting 12ga since i was 13, and it still beat me up...my shoulder is bruised. probably though because i had a bunch of loose duck/goose loads i was burning through...and all i was wearing was a long sleeve t-shirt.

• 2 weeks later...
i told him to bury it into his shoulder. ive been shooting 12ga since i was 13, and it still beat me up...my shoulder is bruised. probably though because i had a bunch of loose duck/goose loads i was burning through...and all i was wearing was a long sleeve t-shirt.

It happens with my 20ga when shooting through a box of shells don't worry. Who wants to shoot a gun that doesn't hurt? I love the pain. :D

Speaking of meets verse my wife and I will be at NASR at 10am sunday when they open up. Feel free to join us you can shoot any of our guns.

hmmmm.....i'll see if i can talkthe wife into it...