iPhone Verizon hopefuls your hope is no more. Wait New Hope! 11/6/2009

SpaceGhost

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Saw a review about this phone on G4 tv a little bit ago and they seem to like it. Gave it 4/5 stars. They didnt like the keyboard very much and said it didnt have multi-tap. The one guy who was an iphone user loved it and said the functionality was as good if not better than his iphone. Sounds like it might not suck.

The storm has poisoned my feelings for Verizon. They don't admit it sucks, but they know it.

How was the phone when you first got it? Was it bad from the start, gradually got worse, or one day suddenly started to malfunction?

Where Verizon messed up is they keep comparing everything to the iphone. Its almost like admitting defeat... constantly. Every time they mention them they are giving the iphone free advertisement. Someone like me who never used or cared about the iphone only tested one out because of all these other people talking about companies making iphone killers. Smart people make bigger and better... they dont try to match and play catch up. I can think of 10000 things one can do with a phone to make it better than the iphone but they are too busy going after a known winner rather than paving the way like the iphone did initially. I know its smart to go after what is known to work but its getting old..

How was the phone when you first got it? Was it bad from the start, gradually got worse, or one day suddenly started to malfunction?

Where Verizon messed up is they keep comparing everything to the iphone. Its almost like admitting defeat... constantly. Every time they mention them they are giving the iphone free advertisement. Someone like me who never used or cared about the iphone only tested one out because of all these other people talking about companies making iphone killers. Smart people make bigger and better... they dont try to match and play catch up. I can think of 10000 things one can do with a phone to make it better than the iphone but they are too busy going after a known winner rather than paving the way like the iphone did initially. I know its smart to go after what is known to work but its getting old..

Mine just got 10x more amazing when i updated to software version 5.0

The G1 is still going to be way better. They keyboard on this thing looks fucking gay. The droid fails. Err wait, maybe im just jealous that my phone will soon my outdated.Oh well, Hero runs great on this thing :) thanks chris!

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/11/04/htc-droid-eris-gets-unboxed/

say what...

You heard it from me first folks...android will be THE os that everyone will use. There are already somewhere around 10+ different phones running on android, including samsung, htc, motorola, lanovo, and chinese knockoffs love the openness of android. I cant wait for the Hero to get the 2.0 update.

I still think the G1 is the best android phone, it may not have a flash, or only a 3mpx camera, but the keyboard on it is fantastic, and having a trackball is nice, and since the Android Developer Phone is a G1, you can hax0r the thing beyond believe.

Since pictures are already out. Ive used this for a while now and its great.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z169/04r1/IMG00516-20091030-1557.jpg

so are there free apps for it as well or do you have to pay for apps just like the iPhone?

so I picked one up today... 1st impressions, this thing ROCKS.... only complaint the screen protector they shoved down my throat is HORRIBLE, I had to take it off because I couldn't use the touch screen with it on.

Anyone know where I can download games for it? the marketplace, I couldn't find any games.... and we all know that games are a very important part of owning a phone :D