Anyone know anything about this bike?!?!?

Guest JCroz91

Guest tbutera2112
depends, pauls bike is going to be cheaper than a gsxr600.

alot depends just on the insurance agency. State farms is the cheapest i know of.

I pay 108 per month for my cbr600rr for full coverage 100/300 liability with a $500 deductable (sp?)

and my drz is 36/month

yea, but you dont have his driving record...he was just talkin about a cobra being several grand a year for insurance for him... it makes no sense that a sport bike would be so cheap

my dad paid 200 a year for his bike (full coverage), now that i have it, they want 1200 a year (liability), for the same bike (cruise, not a sport bike...so it should be dirt cheap anyways)...because im 19, and have 6 points on my license....age/points make a big difference....and if his record is so bad he has to be bonded, i dont see how his insurance would be substantially cheaper...especially seeing how his car insurance was more than his car is even worth...

was just offering a suggestion for him to have it checked again, before jumping into it and being surprised

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude told me its like $520 a year for full.

im older then u yes my bike is alot bigger then urs i was with allstate for 5 year befor i got my bike call them they told me 700 a year for full. got the bike started the ins.. first bill was 640 for 1 month they told me after they ran my driving record it jumped up like that i only had 4 points on my record so i changed to liberty mutual 54 a month for full

Guest JCroz91
Still gonna get your car done?

prob not.. at least not this winter. ill leave the car alone and pay off the bike over winter. then get back into the car.

loving the bike though. iv been riding it everywhere. i took it to trails on sunday. just rode it there, didnt race. i raced my car. but its still a lotta fun

Guest tbutera2112
what are you going to do to the car?

and bike ins. is cheap. i always got progressive with my bikes, and even on a liter bike the most i paid was like $40 a month for full coverage.

and again...it depends on points, and age

progressive wants 200 a month for liability on my bike, and its a cruiser, not a sport bike

im older then u yes my bike is alot bigger then urs i was with allstate for 5 year befor i got my bike call them they told me 700 a year for full. got the bike started the ins.. first bill was 640 for 1 month they told me after they ran my driving record it jumped up like that i only had 4 points on my record so i changed to liberty mutual 54 a month for full

THIS.

and bike ins. is cheap. i always got progressive with my bikes, and even on a liter bike the most i paid was like $40 a month for full coverage.

but ur older, an an probably had a better driving record. yea everyones different buttt i know for a fact itll be pricy

have you even gotten quotes for you yet?

Guest JCroz91

im going to just leave the car alone for winter. im not modding over winter. just paying everything off. and stuff. then ill get back into everything come summer.

btw its a great day to ride today :cool:

i just put a quick quote threw progessive... for a 19 year old rider never had bike insurance before. i dont know your record so i just put 2 speeding tickets in the last 2 years no accidents full coverage was 4542.00 like i said i just threw in mumbo jumbo info in there im sure itll be cheaper but i cant imagine they will take off 3 grand to that lol?

likei said check to see what its going to cost to insure. because of your age alone its going to suck but add in your driving record... eeek

Guest JCroz91
THIS.

but ur older, an an probably had a better driving record. yea everyones different buttt i know for a fact itll be pricy

have you even gotten quotes for you yet?

not yet... i prob wont insure it till next summer. no point in insuring it for 1/2 a month cause thats about all the riding time i have left

Guest tbutera2112
not yet... i prob wont insure it till next summer. no point in insuring it for 1/2 a month cause thats about all the riding time i have left

yes...going for a ride today with no insurance is a brilliant idea...you really dont like having a license do you?

and again...it depends on points, and age

progressive wants 200 a month for liability on my bike, and its a cruiser, not a sport bike

very true, but this was at 20 years old w/ 6 points, on my last bike i had last summer it was a 600 and it was only twenty something a month and i still have 2 points

Guest tbutera2112
very true, but this was at 20 years old w/ 6 points, on my last bike i had last summer it was a 600 and it was only twenty something a month and i still have 2 points

ok, and im 19 with 6 points and they want 200 a month liability on a cruiser

just because your rates were cheap doesnt mean they will be for everyone

lol, you've referred to paying it off a couple times in this thread but yet you don't have insurance on it? What happens if its stolen, or wherever you are storing it catches on fire and destroys the bike? home owners/renters won't cover it. you really should get insurance, but again, not my $4500.

Guest tbutera2112
lol, you've referred to paying it off a couple times in this thread but yet you don't have insurance on it? What happens if its stolen, or wherever you are storing it catches on fire and destroys the bike? home owners/renters won't cover it. you really should get insurance, but again, not my $4500.

ide be more afraid of wrecking it since he has obviously been riding it lately

he wrecks that thing and a cops sees it, or he hits someone...hes done for

bye bye license, hello legal bills

Guest tbutera2112

Financial Responsibility Violator Penalties

Failure to provide proof of financial responsibility, when required, will result in the following civil penalties imposed by the Registrar of Motor Vehicles:

Lose driving privileges for a minimum of ninety (90) days and up to two (2) years;

License plates and vehicle registration suspension;

License plate reinstatement fees of $150 for first violation, $350 for second violation, and $650 for a third or subsequent violation (this includes a $50 penalty for failing to surrender the license, plates or vehicle registration to the BMV);

Require filing with the BMV (SR-22 or bond) to continuously maintain proof of financial responsibility for a minimum of three (3), up to five (5) years from the date of the suspension of operating privileges;

Vehicle immobilization and confiscation of plates for 30 to 60 days for violating FR suspension. Third and subsequent offenses could result in vehicle forfeiture and a five (5) year suspension of vehicle registrations.

Driving and registration privileges cannot be restored until all requirements of the suspension have been met.

Guest JCroz91

yeah i kno.. but i keep it in the garage at night. but idk we'll see. ill just take it as it comes.

dont get me wrong im stoked u got a bike...but growing up always been told a motorcycle(even a car) is a responsiblity. an since ur a new rider... an riding it around with no insurance is not responsible... at all but that sjsut me.

i see that earlier you posted u were just going to ride in your neighbor hood... then i see you said u rode it at trails... both these places have alot of people an traffic that u could hit som eone an then you are screwed. best of luck to you man

Guest JCroz91
your uninsured ass wrecks that bike into my car while im out driving, youre gonna be buying me 3 new cars by the time im done with you, guy :p

deal... got my temps today:cool:

congrats on the bike. gets some good gear.. helmet, jacket, gloves, boots.

as for insurance give this company a call.

1-800-460-7014

its progressive, but the agent deals strictly in motorcycles.

i pay $132 a year for full coverage on my VFR

Guest JCroz91
:nono: That's not insurance...and I'm 99% sure you signed a form stating you HAD at least the state minimum insurance at this time, is that true?

i have no idea i only signed one paper. she didnt say anything about having insurance though.

Kinda off topic, but I think I saw your car up by Lowes on Polaris last night. My buddy was laughing at your 3.8 emblems, if it was in fact you. I set him straight and told him that at least you were boosted. Car looked pretty good...for a Stang lol.