2006 Explorers...

V8 Beast

Right, you can tow, and have no issues at all. But think of it like this. You can wear no seat belt, and drive for years without worry and no accidents. But that one time you have a wreck, and you're left for worse because you didn't wear a belt, are you going to look back and say "well, I never had a problem before, so not wearing the seat belt wasn't the problem"?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Whats everyones thoughts on a 2006 Nissan Armada. I tested one out today and it was pretty nice.. reviews dont look that bad either. Any extra insight on these?

Also tested out a tahoe. For $14k I might just go with that to tide me over for a year...

Armadas are nice , its just the deprived big sister to the Infinity Q56 which those are BAAALLER !!!

When I was looking for the next family UAV it was between a Q56 /07 Tahoe LTZ or GMC Denali / 06 Escalade . I really wanted the Q56 cause they are rare and look the best out of all SUV's , but I ended up buying the Lade cause I found one that was a steal price wise .

Whatever one you chose I'm sure you will have no problem towing . If it was up to me though save some money and get ta Hoe . cuz dem big bitches love suckin the gas .

• 2 weeks later...
Test drove a loaded 2007 awd Ford Edge today. I must say the car based suv's are 100000000x more comfortable and responsive (obviously). Time to look into the other side of the suv's since the truck based didnt have any cars that tickled my fancy... This is the only thing where being picky pays off in the end. Anyone here have a Ford Edge? All the reviews look great and the test drive left me loving it.. A little higher in price than I wanted but the car is 8.9/10 on the comfort scale.

We bought a 2008 Edge new last year. It was great and rode/handled awesome. It fit both our car seats in fine but the trunk space could have been larger. Once we put the wagon in the trunk that was it. We ended up putting nearly 15k miles on it in a year and traded it in on a minivan. Much happier with the 2008 Nissan Quest in terms of space and usability.

Depending on your intended use I would hesitate to recommend it. For 2 kids and an active lifestyle, its a tad on the small side.

But as a suv/vehicle, no complaints whatsoever.

We bought a 2008 Edge new last year. It was great and rode/handled awesome. It fit both our car seats in fine but the trunk space could have been larger. Once we put the wagon in the trunk that was it. We ended up putting nearly 15k miles on it in a year and traded it in on a minivan. Much happier with the 2008 Nissan Quest in terms of space and usability.

Depending on your intended use I would hesitate to recommend it. For 2 kids and an active lifestyle, its a tad on the small side.

But as a suv/vehicle, no complaints whatsoever.

Thanks for the review. It'll pretty much be a daily driver with no more expectations other than getting us (wife and I work at the same place) to work and around town. We've only needed the space of the envoy once or twice a year. The passenger seat on the edge I drove folded flat so that would help in my occasional trips to Lowes. If you had no issues with it other than space I'll definitely have to consider it.