WHAT CAM???

STEVE-O

OK here is what the setup will be

stock bottom end ls1

6.0l ky turbo kit

317 heads

and a ls6 intake

I can not decide on what cam would be good to go with... people have said a 22x cam is good for F/I but I ahve also read up on people running 23x and even 24x cams in there F/I builds...

What do you think a good cam would be for this set up...?? Cams are the only thing that I have been researching on and can not really make a good choise on...

Guest Removed
do a custom cam for that set up. everyon is going to have different opinions. call a couple a vedors and see what they suggest and why and decided from there. but go custom for sure.

custom grind for sure...i suggest calling cam companys and talking with them about it.

Thunder Racing Custom Camshaft

"TR Blower" - 214/230 .601/.579 117 LSA. Off Idle-6800 RPM Power Band. Broad power range. Different from our CheaTR with even less valve overlap for forced induction applications. Stock like idle. Due to the fast ramp rate of this camshaft, the use of 1.8 rockers is not recommended. Double valve springs and titanium retainers required for this cam.

Thunder Racing Custom Camshaft

"TR Blower" - 214/230 .601/.579 117 LSA. Off Idle-6800 RPM Power Band. Broad power range. Different from our CheaTR with even less valve overlap for forced induction applications. Stock like idle. Due to the fast ramp rate of this camshaft, the use of 1.8 rockers is not recommended. Double valve springs and titanium retainers required for this cam.

so I see looking at that the stock ratio of ls1 rockers is 1.7 correct?

I guess it would be good to go with there cam package so I get the cam retainers springs etc for $720...

so I see looking at that the stock ratio of ls1 rockers is 1.7 correct?

I guess it would be good to go with there cam package so I get the cam retainers springs etc for $720...

yes stock ratio is 1.7 any time you go with a bigger cam always run 1.7 ratio, if your gonna keep the stock cam you can run 1.8 and be fine, you don't want a monster cam with a forced induction setup and 1.8 ratio rockers, that's the quickest way to destroy an engine or wipe the cam lobes

Edited by SinisterSS

If you have Kurt do your engine he can spec you out a cam. You want a reverse split with all the seat pressure you can get.

Shawn at virginia speed does a good job also.

nice I will keep that in mind...

I just dont wont to try and spend 1000 on a cam kit if I can get away with it... Even though looking at the cam price and everyting you need it will probably be around that much anyway...

I jsut got home now from work so I can look on ls1tech etc at pics and vids and things I can not view at work... thanks guys for your sugggestions/thoughts...

This all starts to get really confusing after a while... I cant wait til my 10 bolt breaks and I get to learn all about rear ends... ( I have been trying to get a head start on that already also)

nice I will keep that in mind...

I just dont wont to try and spend 1000 on a cam kit if I can get away with it... Even though looking at the cam price and everyting you need it will probably be around that much anyway...

I jsut got home now from work so I can look on ls1tech etc at pics and vids and things I can not view at work... thanks guys for your sugggestions/thoughts...

This all starts to get really confusing after a while... I cant wait til my 10 bolt breaks and I get to learn all about rear ends... ( I have been trying to get a head start on that already also)

thunder racing has some reverse split cams like ray mentioned