Corvette ZR1

Camaro SS

Shelby GT-500

Cadillac CTS

Cadillac CTS-V

Cadillac XLR-V

Chevy TrailBlazer SS

Dodge Viper

and just for arguements sake I'd rather have an SRT4 then a GTi.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no you're an idiot.

Well if that's your list here's mine.

German's

well nothing

USA

Corvette

Corvette Z06

Corvette ZR1

Camaro SS

Shelby GT-500

Cadillac CTS

Cadillac CTS-V

Cadillac XLR-V

Chevy TrailBlazer SS

Dodge Viper

and just for arguements sake I'd rather have an SRT4 then a GTi.

Gearhead linked the C&D 10 best for 2009. I forgot to quote it in my reply. That is what my list refers to.

Did you really think that was my list of cars that were awesome from Germany?

911 S

911 C4S

911 GT3

911 GT3 RS

911 Turbo

911 GT2

Carrera GT

Cayman S

Panamara Turbo (3.3 to 60 and 11.7 in 1/4)

M3

M5

X5M

Z4M

S3

S4

S6

S8

RS4

RS6

R8 4.2

R8 5.2

TTS

TTRS

Mercedes C63

E63

S63

SL65

S65

CL65

SLR

SLS

Gwagen

etc etc

etc

etc

Please, SRT-4 is a joke.

If your idea of "Patriotism" is making everything in mexico and canada and shafting american workers by making "american" cars in places where labor is cheaper, I do not want any part of it.

The sad truth is that there isn't much the individual american can due to be patriotic anymore, but I sure am not going to send money to Germany.

If your idea of "Patriotism" is making everything in mexico and canada and shafting american workers by making "american" cars in places where labor is cheaper, I do not want any part of it.

Yea it sucks that is the reality. Diminishing quality in the 80's and 90's combined with the ever growing import market opened the doors. We did it to ourselves. The other side of it though is that if we never get behind and support the American car companies, we have no chance of ever recovering those jobs back American workers and that is how it will continue to be.

The sad truth is that there isn't much the individual american can due to be patriotic anymore, but I sure am not going to send money to Germany.

Volkswagen is bringing more and more of their production to the US. By funding VW, it indirectly helps the US because their factories will start to pop up over here more and more. Think about how Honda and Toyota did just that. You guys seem to be cool with the Japanese cars because of this, yet VW is doing the same thing and you don't give a shit. Its either ignorance or retardation.

Oh, and you think your patriotic because you support domestic brands, yet we are the ones that have to shoulder the burdon of their rediculous management strategies, greedy executives and complacent behaviour that required GM and Chrysler to go bankrupt.

PS, when is the last time that you "sent your money" anywhere? Buying a used F body doesn't count towards the GDP of the US.

Volkswagen is bringing more and more of their production to the US. By funding VW, it indirectly helps the US because their factories will start to pop up over here more and more. Think about how Honda and Toyota did just that. You guys seem to be cool with the Japanese cars because of this, yet VW is doing the same thing and you don't give a shit. Its either ignorance or retardation.

No it's just generalized hatred for the design, style, and origin of VW. Beleive me I would walk before I drove a Toyota I hate those too.

Oh, and you think your patriotic because you support domestic brands, yet we are the ones that have to shoulder the burdon of their rediculous management strategies, greedy executives and complacent behaviour that required GM and Chrysler to go bankrupt.

PS, when is the last time that you "sent your money" anywhere? Buying a used F body doesn't count towards the GDP of the US.

I bought my f-body new thank you, what part of I simply do not like German cars don't you understand?

No it's just generalized hatred for the design, style, and origin of VW. Beleive me I would walk before I drove a Toyota I hate those too.

I hate Honda and Toyota the same way, so I understand what your saying.

I bought my f-body new thank you, what part of I simply do not like German cars don't you understand?

Thats cool, you don't see a whole lot of original owners of cars like that. You can retract my statement about GDP haha.

See above for answer to last question.

Funny thing in 2005-2009 GM overall was 29% over all being American 71% was being oversea's . Fucking Toyota and Honda, Subaru yet japanese owned and based companys still are more then 60 % made and built in the USA.

Funny thing in 2005-2009 GM overall was 29% over all being American 71% was being oversea's . Fucking Toyota and Honda, Subaru yet japanese owned and based companys still are more then 60 % made and built in the USA.

So?

I'll keep buying GM no matter where their made. Do you change your favorite football team every year too? Jump on the bandwagon with everyone else?

Cobalt SS Turbo > GTI

Faster, handles better, cheaper, etc...

REAL TALK :eek: :eek: :eek:

Who consistently wins compact sports car (hot hatch whatever) comparisons? Cobalt? SRT-4's?

Think again. GTI baby. Just beat the new MS3 as well, even though it was 1/2 a second slower.

If you buy your cars for overall speed, the GTI certainly isn't the best one. Middle of the pack in performance.

It is the best overall car though. Best interior, great ride, great handling, great power, great look. Note I didn't say best in any of those besides interior, which it is obviously the best.

So?

I'll keep buying GM no matter where their made. Do you change your favorite football team every year too? Jump on the bandwagon with everyone else?

No I do not, people where just talking about "Patriotism" I just do not see how supporting greedy ass company that SHAFT the fuck out of anything American. The only thing american you are buying is the name.

Who consistently wins compact sports car (hot hatch whatever) comparisons? Cobalt? SRT-4's?

Think again. GTI baby. Just beat the new MS3 as well, even though it was 1/2 a second slower.

If you buy your cars for overall speed, the GTI certainly isn't the best one. Middle of the pack in performance.

I'm just stirring shit up lol. I don't know much about the GTI. I do know that the Cobalt SS Turbo is hands down the best handling car in it's class. Fastest lap time EVER for a FWD car at Nurburgring

No I do not, people where just talking about "Patriotism" I just do not see how supporting greedy ass company that SHAFT the fuck out of anything American. The only thing american you are buying is the name.

Bullshit, do you know how many Americans had great careers thanks to GM? I don't really care if it was 40 years ago, it'll be back. Because of the way this country has been run the auto manufacturers did what they thought would make them the most money, unfortunatly the unions and great benefits paid to employees took GM and UAW down a dead end road all in the name of the average american worker. The United States government killed the american dream, and I don't care if you agree with me or not.

I'm just stirring shit up lol. I don't know much about the GTI. I do know that the Cobalt SS Turbo is hands down the best handling car in it's class. Fastest lap time EVER for a FWD car at Nurburgring

I really like the SS/TC. They did an outstanding job on it. If the interior was big enough for me, I would have bought one when I traded in my 06 GTI, despite the Cobalts shitty interior. However I can't fit in them, so I can't buy them.

Brembo brakes, LSD, great engine 260/260, great handling. Fantastic value as well considering they were going for THAUSANDS off sticker. Upgrade the interior to NEW GM standards and repackage everything and they would nodoubt have a Mini CTS-V on their hands.

An American company that sends over 70 percent of there money overseas and rips jobs from American workers. REAL sweet of them

Again, in large part due to the US Government and their bullshit laws and policies. Taxes, labor unions and whatnot.