anyone here work for a Jeep dealership

Ryan218

the key fob and key more then likely need programmed.

yeah thats why i know its gonna cost me ha. just seeing if anyone here worked for a dealership that could do it.

when i had one made for my expoder is was like 140 bucks :(

Try this programming method......

Sit inside the vehicle with all the doors closed.

Place ignition in the OFF position.

Open the driver's door. Leave Open.

Move the mechanical door lever to the LOCK position.

Turn the ignition to the RUN position.

Aim the transmitter at the Keyless Entry receiver and press Lock button.

Hold for five seconds until the door locks cycle.

Turn ignition OFF within 20 seconds.

Try this programming method......

Sit inside the vehicle with all the doors closed.

Place ignition in the OFF position.

Open the driver's door. Leave Open.

Move the mechanical door lever to the LOCK position.

Turn the ignition to the RUN position.

Aim the transmitter at the Keyless Entry receiver and press Lock button.

Hold for five seconds until the door locks cycle.

Turn ignition OFF within 20 seconds.

after i get a few fob's ill bring come over to your place can you help me do that?

no problem. Just call me when your ready.

will do. i dont have any fob though. and only 1 key. so can it still be programmed or will i have to go to dealership? going to go to crown where this jeep was purchased and see what they have to say.

http://www.wjjeeps.com/sentry.htm

from what they say, in order to program the key on your own you need two working keys already.

wjjeeps.com is great for reference on all 99-04 Grand Cherokees

This website is the bible for the WJ, book mark it and just look there for just about any issue.

now its over heating. it hasent even been drove yet. turned the a/c on when it was ideling in the garage and it started to climb. now it still wants to climb to normal temp then start to creep up and pass 210. wonder if the thermostat it stuck closed?

now its over heating. it hasent even been drove yet. turned the a/c on when it was ideling in the garage and it started to climb. now it still wants to climb to normal temp then start to creep up and pass 210. wonder if the thermostat it stuck closed?

Coolant Fan Relay. I had to replace mine this summer. Very common for those to go out on the WJ's. Basically your coolant fan is not speeding up when the engine is getting warm and this is really common when you turn on the A/C. Not sure if there was a write up on http://www.wjjeeps.com but it is prety easy fix once you do it the first time. Here is the link on how to get to the relay. http://rigs.corequipment.com/cebby_WJsite/cooling.htm#relay

Kind of a pain the first time you replace it, but after you cut the hole, it is easy if you ever have to do it again. It is possible if it was replaced before, the hole is already cut. The relay is about $40-50 at the auto parts stores. The first one I got only lasted about 2 weeks and stopped working. Got another one and it has been working since. PM me if you have any more issues with the relay.

Coolant Fan Relay. I had to replace mine this summer. Very common for those to go out on the WJ's. Basically your coolant fan is not speeding up when the engine is getting warm and this is really common when you turn on the A/C. Not sure if there was a write up on http://www.wjjeeps.com but it is prety easy fix once you do it the first time. Here is the link on how to get to the relay. http://rigs.corequipment.com/cebby_WJsite/cooling.htm#relay

Kind of a pain the first time you replace it, but after you cut the hole, it is easy if you ever have to do it again. It is possible if it was replaced before, the hole is already cut. The relay is about $40-50 at the auto parts stores. The first one I got only lasted about 2 weeks and stopped working. Got another one and it has been working since. PM me if you have any more issues with the relay.

it says that the fan would run all the time. mine dont run at all.

it says that the fan would run all the time. mine dont run at all.

On mine, it wouldn't spin faster when the tempatures got higher or the a/c was on. I replaced it and it has worked since. You will can easily hear the "woosh" sound of the fan when it speeds up.

So the fan is not running/spinning at all? That could also be the fan motor. I would try the relay first since it is cheaper than a replacement fan. If that doesn't work, then the fan motor is probably bad. You should be able to test the fan motor by hooking it up directly to the battery.

On mine, it wouldn't spin faster when the tempatures got higher or the a/c was on. I replaced it and it has worked since. You will can easily hear the "woosh" sound of the fan when it speeds up.

So the fan is not running/spinning at all? That could also be the fan motor. I would try the relay first since it is cheaper than a replacement fan. If that doesn't work, then the fan motor is probably bad. You should be able to test the fan motor by hooking it up directly to the battery.

yeah going to test it right now. even cantleys wants 100 for a fan. just the motor is 100 from napa and thats with my 50% discount. and i need this truck for kentucky saturday. :(:mad:

best way to get to that stupid relay to just cut a access hole in the bumper cover? or how big of a pain is to to pull the bumper cover??

best way to get to that stupid relay to just cut a access hole in the bumper cover? or how big of a pain is to to pull the bumper cover??

Going through the bumper cover is the dealership directions tell you to do it. You will have to bust those dumb plastic screws and find someway to replace them when you put it back together. I used my drimel on to cut the access hole below the headlight. Took me 15 mintues to replace the relay and put it all back together.