Gahanna Police just shot my buddies dog

t-redjti

Needed to vent about this. My friend has a boxer... around six or seven years old. Apparently he let her outside to go to the bathroom, and she wandered into his neighbors yard. Neighbor called the cops, cops came and shot the dog Three times.

Thats the short story, dog didnt have tags on. But still thats the only solution the cop could find????

I guess its safer to discharge a handgun three times in a suburban neighborhood, then to let a dog wander around.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Needed to vent about this. My friend has a boxer... around six or seven years old. Apparently he let her outside to go to the bathroom, and she wandered into his neighbors yard. Neighbor called the cops, cops came and shot the dog Three times.

Thats the short story, dog didnt have tags on. But still thats the only solution the cop could find????

I guess its safer to discharge a handgun three times in a suburban neighborhood, then to let a dog wander around.

WTF, I thought they were suppose to call animal control first and only use their weapon if absolutely needed. Owner is still at fault for letting the dog wander, but thats messed up...

Guest tbutera2112

city had to make cutbacks....3 rounds is cheaper than calling animal control i guess

that sucks though...but it really is the owners fault...the dog was outside long enough for the neighbors to notice, call the police, and for the police to arrive on scene...owner should have realized by then that the dog was gone

That is not legal for them to take action like that. Long story short when I was younger I had 2 pitt bulls that ended up in a fight, I was too small to break both males apart. My mom freaked out and called the police when he arrived, my mom said "shoot the dogs" before someone gets hurt. The police said they could not shoot the dogs and used peper spray to break them apart. If you can prove that the cop just came over and shot him or her for no reason, you can prolly do something. That dog had to be outside like 2 hours before the police arrived.

Guest tbutera2112
that sucks grant. Gahanna is the WORST. Ive been pulled over there more than anywhere else and charged with b.s. criminal stuff there that got thrown out!

i was cruising at 90 and you fucking blew past me on the freeway....ive seen how you drive, no wonder you get fucking pulled over

:gtfo:

I'm sure we are missing 95% of the story...

Its a terrible story when anyone looses a pet, but get your facts straight and then get a grip. police dont roll around shooting dogs for the fuck of it. cops own dogs too....

+1. Definitely missing something here.

i was cruising at 90 and you fucking blew past me on the freeway....ive seen how you drive, no wonder you get fucking pulled over

:gtfo:

no that day i was running late to meet someone. and i know where the cops sit on my drive so i knew it was fine! thank you very much

no you can :gtfo:

Ive dealt with gahanna, got pulled over for no turn signal and they wanted to search my car. told them no they got their k9 and scratched the shit out of my car.

I agree there seems to be something missing, but a 7 year old boxer, what the hell could it have done to get shot? Piss on a cruisers tire? I mean seriously. I have seen animal control deal with some pretty mean animals so what did this 7 year old animal do that threatened the general public????

I doubt the dog was mean or the guy wuld not have just let it out.

Guest tbutera2112
no that day i was running late to meet someone. and i know where the cops sit on my drive so i knew it was fine! thank you very much

no you can :gtfo:

Ive dealt with gahanna, got pulled over for no turn signal and they wanted to search my car. told them no they got their k9 and scratched the shit out of my car.

why would you turn down a search if youre driving a car you care about? everyone knows the k9s will fuck your ride up....dumbass

use your turn signal next time and you wont get pulled over doing 125mph, dickface

Guest tbutera2112
18 and just had bought beer. didnt want to lose it. i really didnt car it was an 87 325.

and i though you were cool in person when i met you now i just think your a bipolar douche bag cocksucker!

:lol:

everyone's ignoring the fact that the dog didn't have tags...i can see why people would be worried about a possible stray, especially in gahanna where we always ask WHO WILL PROTECT OUR CHILDREN FROM THE EVILS OF THE WORLD!?!?!

No I did not miss that fact, but occasionally I let my dog out without tags in my fenced yard, So if she gets out what are the police going to do shoot my Jack Russell because she has no tags? Come on, seriously. This is why you call the police, and they have animal control come out. The douchebag police cannot go around randomly discharging a gun anymore than you or I can legally.

Ok so a dog has no tags, look Officer Fife cap that mofo. Really? Then why have animal control. Now if somone was in iminent danger then yes the officers were justified.

Just my $.02

No I did not miss that fact, but occasionally I let my dog out without tags in my fenced yard, So if she gets out what are the police going to do shoot my Jack Russell because she has no tags? Come on, seriously. This is why you call the police, and they have animal control come out. The douchebag police cannot go around randomly discharging a gun anymore than you or I can legally.

Ok so a dog has no tags, look Officer Fife cap that mofo. Really? Then why have animal control. Now if somone was in iminent danger then yes the officers were justified.

Just my $.02

Are tags too expensive for you?

Were you there when the police shot the boxer?

You will not find a bigger dog lover then myself but animal-owner ignorance pisses me off just as much as animal abuse. Use a leash and tags, it's not difficult.

Are tags too expensive for you?

Were you there when the police shot the boxer?

You will not find a bigger dog lover then myself but animal-owner ignorance pisses me off just as much as animal abuse. Use a leash and tags, it's not difficult.

Are you an idiot?

Come on dummy, I said occasionally. When I water my flowerbeds my Jack Russells like to play in the water. Now once we are done I have to remove her collar so that it can dry and she doesn't get a rash. That is owner ignorance? Sure thing. No I was not there, read my post again. I said that they cannot just run around discharging firearms anymore than you or I can legally. Then I followed that by saying that someone must have been in iminent danger for them to have done that.

All of my dogs have tags and vaccinations, you want to see the Vet bills?

Oh and mine are kept in a fenced in yard that I check daily. Doesnt mean things cannot happen.

There are pieces missing here, I would just like more details.

I just find it hard to imagine a 7 year old Boxer hurting someone without provocation.